The Weekend Pt 2 (Chapter 42)

3 Hours Ago
3rd Person POV

Sparks were flying in the Weapon Workshop of Beacon Academy. No, not because Blake and Ruby were showing their feelings for one another, but rather the latter was currently welding together strips of metal to remake (W/N).

Ruby sighed as she pulled up her protective mask, wiping away sweat with her sleeve. She looked across the workbench and saw Blake, a safe distance away, happily reading a book while keeping the silver-eyed girl company. Blake seemed to notice the look she was getting, dropping her book she gave a small smile, one that Ruby returned tenfold.

Blake: "How's it going?"

Ruby: "Great actually! It's going faster than I thought it would. Not that I'm trying to rush it of course, I'm just trying to make it perfect! Well, as good as it can be more like..." She said, tripping over her own words as she tried to explain her thought process.

Blake: "If your weapon is anything to go by, I'm sure it will be amazing."

Ruby: "You think Crescent Rose is amazing?" If her smile could've grown, it would have.

Blake: "Yes. It's quite beyond anything I could hope to make."

Ruby: "Your weapon is pretty great too! I wouldn't even know where to get that ribbon you have."

Blake: "Oh, that? I just bought it from a shop selling dust infused ribbon. It's surprisingly strong for what it is."

Ruby: "I'll say! You swing it all around the place like a Ninja and it doesn't even rip!" She said, excitedly mimicking some typical ninja moves as Blake shook her head with a smile.

Blake: "Well, I've had a lot of practice."

Ruby: "Yea... I feel I've been letting us all slack on that too much." Blake raised an eyebrow, quite confused by her statement.

Blake: "How do you mean?"

Ruby: "We haven't actually trained together in ages. I mean we're all really good fighters but... I don't think our teamwork is up there, y'know."

Blake: "So, you want to work on teamwork? Why didn't you bring that up before?"

Ruby: "I guess I just got too caught up in the whole Fang situation that it slipped my mind." Ruby shrugged and Blake nodded, both of them knowing how busy it had gotten.

Blake: "Well I'm sure we can all do some training tomorrow."

Ruby: "Yea! We can even invite JNPR and (Y/N) so we can see how good we actually are!"

Blake: "Now that sounds like a good idea."

Ruby: "We can say it's practice for the tournament... we will have to find somewhere to fight though... ahh can't be that hard."

Blake: "If you say so." She shook her head again, the typical Ruby antics were building up again.

Ruby: "Well, I better finish this off then..." She said as she looked towards the gun in front of her.

Blake: "I'll be reading if you need me." She commented, raising her book back up to recapture her focus.

Ruby: "Yea..." She sighed, something that went unnoticed by Blake.

Ruby pulled her welding mask back on and slowly began repairing the barrel of the revolver but she couldn't help herself from looking towards the Faunus sat near her until she eventually pulled of her mask and sighed, catching Blake's attention once more.

Blake: "Is something the matter?" She asked, her eyes never leaving the pages of her book.

Ruby: "W-well- It's just- It's nothing but... what is sex like..?"