...Before The... (Chapter 49)

The woman's voice had been in your dream again. The one that spoke in broken sentences, as she faded in and out of view in a white haze. While her words and appearance had gotten more coherent, you still couldn't recognise the voice or face, despite it appearing to be familiar.

(Y/N): "I'm so sorry…" You muttered  pondering the words.

Blake: "Hmm? What are you apologising for?" Your attention snapped back to the Cat Faunus you were sleeping in with, her amber eyes searching for an answer.

(Y/N): "Oh, nothing. Just got lost in thought…"

Blake: "Oh really? What of?"

(Y/N): "Just a reoccurring dream." Blake gestured for you to go on. "It's of a woman, no not like that, and she keeps saying she is sorry. She seems familiar, but I can't place her face…"

Blake: "Well what does she look like?"

(Y/N): "Well, I think she had red hair-"

As if summoned by the word red, Ruby burst into the room interrupting you mid sentence. She ran over to you and grabbed your arm, weakly trying to pull you from Blakes bed.

Ruby: "Come on lazy bones! It's time to get up, Yang's match might be today!"

Blake: "But it also might not be." She emphasised the 'not' in an annoyed tone, as she buried her head into you.

(Y/N): "I'm also still banned from the tournament arena, remember?" Ruby let go of your arm, letting it flop back to your side.

Ruby: "That's why we're gonna sneak you in!" She gestured as if revealing a title card.

(Y/N): "No." You deadpanned.

Ruby: "But we could-" She carried on.

(Y/N): "Nuh uh."

Ruby: "Okay how about-"

(Y/N): "Not happening." You said sternly.

Ruby: "Fiiiine." She sighed.

Blake: “I’ve never seen her relent on anything that quickly.”

(Y/N): “I suppose I’m just special.” You chuckled and sat up, much to the faunus’s annoyance. “I guess we can’t spend all day in bed, no matter how tempting.”

Blake: “Ughh.” She voiced her annoyance but got out of bed anyway. “If we’re getting up, can we atleast go eat?”

(Y/N): “I can’t go to the fairground, I may have… annoyed a number of staff members.” You said remembering your escapades with Penny.

Ruby: “What! But the cafeteria isn’t open right now!”

(Y/N): “Then I suppose we will have to make-”

Ruby: “Pancakes?!”

Blake: “How about something slightly healthier?”

Ruby: “Pancakes with strawberries?” The girl beamed, sparkles in her eyes.

(Y/N): “Sure, if you make them.” The redhead’s expression dropped to despair.

Ruby: “Wh-what?!”

(Y/N): "If you make the pancakes, we can have them."

Ruby: "You're so mean."

Blake: "Truly he is." She laughed.

Ruby: "Can you atleast help?"

(Y/N): "Fine, I'll be right there." You waved her off as she went to the attached kitchen.