The hooded girl (Jisung)

Start from the beginning

"Leave me alone," she said so quietly that Jisung almost didn't hear it.

"And why would I do that when you've brought yourself to us?" He shoved her shoulder so hard that she stumbled and fell on her butt. Jisung had had enough. He walked forward and stood in front of her, shielding her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jisung said in the most intimidating voice he could muster.

The bully grinned, "what do you think I'm doing, nerd? I'm trying to teach this ugly boy a lesson." He proceeded to shove Jisung as well but Jisung moved out of the way just in time. The boy's grin was replaced by a frown and with one hand he fisted the front of Jisung's shirt. Then brought his other arm back, fist cocked above his shoulder, aiming at Jisung's face when the bully's friend stopped him.

"Dude, let's just go." He practically pulled his friend away. The bully glared at his friend, who gave him a look through his eyes and the boy calmed down. Jisung then understood why they let him go. Jisung was a geek himself, thin, and couldn't throw a punch without equally hurting himself in the process. So he, too, had once been bullied by a guy. And although he hadn't told his friends- who were seniors- they had still found out. And let's just say that things hadn't ended well for the guy. Y/N's bully must've been stopped for the same reason. Jisung couldn't blame them, no one wants to be at the receiving end of Jeno's punch.

When the boys were well away from them, Jisung turned around to look at Y/N and saw that she was still on the ground, hugging her knees to her chest and sobbing. He went down on his knees and pulled the girl to his chest. Her sobbing got quieter as he stroked her back, murmuring words of encouragement. A few people had walked by, looking at them strangely, but Jisung didn't care. He only cared about Y/N's well-being.

She finally stopped crying after what felt like an eternity. Jisung picked up her bag and slung it over his shoulder then helped her up. Y/N followed without any resistance. He pulled out his water bottle from his bag and offered it to her, which she gulped down quickly. Jisung let the silence breathe, he decided that he wouldn't talk if she wouldn't.

"Thank you," she said so quietly that Jisung thought he'd imagined it.

He looked at her, "can I ask you something, Y/N?" The girl tensed but nodded. "Are you hungry?" She looked at him, a bit surprised then nodded again. "Well, come on then." The two headed towards a nearby convenience store. They sat outside eating ramen, Jisung finished his within a minute even when it burned his tongue, that's how hungry he was. Y/N ate more slowly.

She was halfway done when she looked at him, "thank you, Jisung." Her eyes moistened when she said that. Jisung didn't want her to cry again so he smiled brightly. "I've tried, you know," she said. "Tried to be like them to stop the bullying. I started dressing like a girl, wearing skinny jeans and a very feminine top," her faced scrunched as she said that, making Jisung smile at how cute that was. "They didn't want me to take away their 'play thing' so the bullying increased until I got my old clothes back." She explained herself. "I've even tried to fight back," her hands tightened around her bowl. "But I stopped because the physical abuse got worse."

"Y/N, you don't need to defend yourself in front of me," he reassured her then smiled. "Now eat your ramen before it gets cold."

She gave him a watery smile then put aside her chopsticks, brought the bowl to her lips and gulped down its contents. Later, Jisung offered to walk her home, that too, she accepted without resistance.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Jisung said as they walked. "I saw you being bullied in class but I didn't do anything. I was afraid you'd snap at me since you didn't appreciate me helping you before."

"I'm sorry about that. It's just difficult to trust people when you're me." She sighed. "I didn't want my trust to be broken again." Jisung understood.

They arrived at her house where she thanked him again. "No matter what anyone says, Y/N, you're absolutely beautiful." He told her. Y/N's cheeks went pink. And she must've noticed Jisung's face going as red as a tomato because she started laughing. Then Jisung was staring at her, it being his first time seeing her do something other than scowl or looking indifferent. It was a nice change.

Y/N woke up as her alarm rang. She turned it off and swung her legs off her bed. Something was different this morning, she could feel it. Every day had been a struggle for her, an effort she didn't want to make. In fact, every night she had to stop herself from stuffing pills down her throat and ending her suffering once and for all.

The reason was Jisung. The little hope in her life that things could be better.

She dressed up for school in her usual baggy tee and loose faded jeans, and for once in her life looked forward to school.

She arrived early as usual and took her seat at the back. The class started to fill with kids and in came Jisung. He stood under the door frame and his eyes roamed the class, finally settling on Y/N and he immediately grinned. To her surprise, she found herself smiling as well.

She could feel everyone's eyes boring into her as Jisung spoke to her casually, but she willed herself to focus on what Jisung was saying.

No paper balls were thrown that day.

At the end of the day when she was packing up, Y/N smiled as she realised how the bullying had decreased. They only bullied her when Jisung was not around.

"Y/N?" Jisung asked from beside her. "Do you like video games?"

"I... I don't know. Never tried it."

She saw how Jisung's eyes lit up at his next words, "come to an Internet cafe with me, you'll like it, I bet." Then his smile faltered a little, "I mean, if you want to, that is," he added as an afterthought. How could she deny him? So she said that she'd love to, and the light was back in his eyes.

Jisung was nervous as he climbed the short flight of stairs. He rung the doorbell once and breathed deeply to calm his nerves. He looked down at himself, his slim body fitted into a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt.

A few seconds later the door opened slowly, and he smiled at the sight in front of him. She was clad in black shoes, black dress pants and a navy blue shirt, neatly tucked in. Her short hair barely reaching her shoulders. "I don't like wearing dresses," she said sheepishly.

Jisung smiled, stepped forward and kissed her forehead. "I know." Intwining his hand with Y/N's, he lead her out.

It had been two years since Jisung first saw Y/N, in a loose sweater and jeans. She was still the same, only, a lot more cheerful. Jisung had introduced her to his friends as well, and they had started hanging out a lot. Between video games and ice creams, Jisung had fallen in love with her, so he had asked her to be his girlfriend.

Prom was like he had expected.

Slow music played and couples started moving towards the dance floor. He offered a hand to Y/N, "wanna dance?" She looked at his hand then back at him. Smiling, she placed her hand in his.

They moved slowly to the beat of the music with Jisung leading the dance. He saw that look in Y/N's eyes again, her mind was somewhere else. "What are you thinking?" He whispered.

She smiled at him and shook her head. "Just, how lucky I am. My life changed completely after I met you. So, I was thinking about what I did to deserve this."

Jisung's forehead creased, "Y/N, you don't have to do anything to be treated like a human being," he said as he stroked her hair. Y/N rested her head on his shoulder and that's how they danced until the music stopped.

xxx

Thank you Goldus_Queen for this request! I enjoyed writing it. And I hope you all enjoyed reading it!!