epilogue.

"Merry Christmas you two," Karen Wheeler, Mike's mom, said early Christmas morning. She was standing at the top of the basement stairs, watching as the two woke up.

Mike had told his parents about (Y/n) after the Snowball dance. They've been inseparable ever since. A new trust formed between them.

"Merry Christmas," Mike said sitting up and looking down at (Y/n).

"It's Christmas already?" she said sleepily.

"Yep. We gotta get up. Sadly," Mike said, swinging his feet off the side of the couch.

"No," (Y/n) said, sitting up.

"We have to," Mike said with a chuckle. He started to walk up the stairs, but the door suddenly swung shut and locked.

"Just five minutes," (Y/n) said, wiping the blood from her nose.

Her powers came back a few days before. They slowly reached their full potential again.

Mike laughed and walked back to the couch, sitting next to her.

"You should probably unlock that. You know, just in case," Mike said. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and used her powers to unlock the door.

"Better?" She asked sarcastically.

"Better," Mike said, leaning in. She also leaned in, breaking the gap between them with a kiss.

The kids quickly heated up, leaving the two making out for five minutes.

"Um," Will said, walking downstairs.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mike asked, quickly pulling away.

"The Byers and Wheelers have had Christmas together for the past two years. Remember?" Will asked, crossing his arms and smirking.

"Shit! I completely forgot," Mike said, jumping up.

"Oh?" Will said, motioning his head down. Mike looked down and quickly covered his lower half with the blanket.

"I'm gonna go change," he said awkwardly. Will laughed as Mike tried his best to run up the stairs.

"The Byers and Wheelers have Christmas together?" (Y/n) asked, desperate to change the subject.

"Yep! We did it last year," Will said proudly.

"I was in the lab," she said sadly.

"But you aren't now. You're with your family," Will said, sitting next to her.

"You're right. Now get out, I need to change," she said with a smile.

"Fine, fine," Will said, running up the stairs and out of the basement.

(Y/n) walked over to the closet, which now was filled with her clothes, and shuffled through the hangers.

She settled on a plain black long sleeve dress with a white collar. Laying the dress over the chair, she turned back to the closet and grabbed a pair of plain black tights.

"Shit," she said quietly to herself, realizing that Will left the door open. With a wave of her hand, the door was closed and locked.

She quickly changed and brushed her hair before walking upstairs to join the guests, which were the Byers.

"Merry Christmas!" Jonathan said, running over to (Y/n) and giving her a hug.

"Hi Jonathan," she said.

"More people are coming this year," he said excitedly.

"Who?" (Y/n) asked, nervous. She had no idea who it could be.

"The Sinclairs, Mayfields, Hendersons, and the Harringtons," Jonathan explained.

"Wait, so you're telling me that Troy Harrington is gonna be here? In my house?" (Y/n) asked.

"Wait, what?" Mike asked, running up next to (Y/n). He was wearing plain black slacks with a black dress shirt and a red tie.

"The Harringtons are coming!" Jonathan exclaimed, not knowing who Troy was.

"Fuck," Mike muttered.

"Shit," (Y/n) said.

"Bitch!" Will yelled, walking up next to Jonathan.

"William Byers!" Joyce yelled from the kitchen.

"Whoops," Will said with a shrug.

-

The party was sitting in the basement as the adults talked upstairs.

"I'm so happy I met you guys," (Y/n) said, leaning back on the couch.

"Me too," Max said with a smile.

"To us?" Will asked, holding up his can of Dr. Pepper.

"To us!" The rest of the gang said, holding up their cans of soda.

"And to us," Mike whispered, kissing (Y/n)'s cheek.

"To us," she said with a smile.

The End