022

"Mike, what did you drag us down here for?" Dustin whined, walking down the stairs of Mike's basement.

"Yeah, I was about to take a nap," Lucas mumbled.

"You'll be happy I did," Mike said, a grin plastered to his face.

"Right. What could possibly be so important that Lucas can't go to sleep?" Will asked sarcastically.

Mike laughed and led the boys to the couch, motioning for them to sit down.

"So what is it?" Lucas asked.

Suddenly, the boombox started playing static.

"Mike, your power is going crazy again," Dustin said.

The TV turned on and started frequently changing stations.

"What the hell is happening?" Lucas asked, freaking out. Mike stood next to the fort with a sly grin.

The lights flickered before completely shutting off. After being in the darkness for a couple of seconds, they switched back on.

The light revealed (Y/n) standing on the table with her arms crossed.

"(Y/n)?!" Will exclaimed, jumping up and giving her a hug.

"What the hell just happened?" Dustin asked, giving (Y/n) a hug.

"Science," (Y/n) said.

"Are you sure you didn't just use your powers?" Lucas asked, hugging her.

"Nope. My powers are gone. Temporarily, I hope," she said.

"Then how'd you do that?" Dustin asked.

"I had an extension cord in the fort. The lamps and stereo were plugged into it. And I have this," (Y/n) said, pulling the remote to the TV out of her pocket.

"Wait, your powers are gone?" Will asked.

"She used them to close the gate, remember? They've kind of... gone away. I think they'll be back soon though," Mike said with a smile.

"I hope so. I missed you kicking ass," Dustin said.

"And I miss kicking ass. How are things at school?" She asked.

"We got out today!" Will exclaimed.

"Finals were so annoying," Lucas said with an eye roll.

"Max and Lucas are dating," Dustin blurted out.

"I know," (Y/n) said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry about me, though. I'm going to camp next week and I'm going to find her," Dustin said, staring off into the distance.

"Who?" Will asked. Dustin stepped into the table dramatically.

"The girl of my dreams," he said. Lucas shoved him off onto the couch.

"Wanna go to the arcade?" Mike asked.

"Yeah!" (Y/n) replied, hopping off the table and running up the stairs.

-

After hours of the boys and (Y/n) playing video games, they decided it was time to leave the arcade and get some pizza.

"Same place as usual?" Mike asked, getting on his bike.

"Yeah," Dustin said, peddling away and leading the group. Lucas and Will followed.

(Y/n) climbed onto the back of Mike's bike and wrapped her arms around his waist. He quickly pedaled forward, following Will.

Once they reached the pizza place, they went inside and sat at their usual table — an old booth in the back corner.

"So. Have you guys done it yet?" Dustin suddenly asked.

"What? No!" Mike said, coughing.

"Done what?" (Y/n) asked, genuinely confused.

"You know," Dustin said, raising his eyebrows.

"No, I don't," (Y/n) said.

"Sex, duh!" Dustin said with a chuckle.

"You're making everyone around you uncomfortable," Lucas said.

"What is... the sex?" She asked.

"Wait... do you not know what sex is?" Will asked.

"No. I've heard it before and have a vague memory of learning what it is, but I guess I forgot. I was locked away for six months, remember?" (Y/n) said. Mike's face was a dark shade of red.

"That's a conversation for another time. Our food is here," Will said. The waitress placed down everyone's plates with a smile.

They ate their food and then parted ways. The first day of summer was a success.

"Mike?" (Y/n) asked, once the two got home and safely entered the basement.

"Hm?" Mike hummed, sitting on the couch.

"When do you think my powers will come back?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"I'm not sure. Your powers probably need time to recharge, like a battery," Mike said, putting his arm around (Y/n). 

"Battery?"

"Yeah, you know, the things that go in remotes and stuff," he said.

"Ah," she said, blushing a little. She was ashamed that she lost so much knowledge. Before she was taken, she was smart. Near the top of her class.

But they took it away from her.

They took her life away from her. While she loved having powers and thought it was cool, she missed her old life.

She missed going to the movie store with Will and renting every horror movie, watching them all in one night and getting scared.

Will. She hadn't seen him in a while. It felt like Mike was trying not to let her see him, for some reason.

"I think I'm gonna head upstairs for a bit. My parents are probably already suspicious," Mike said, getting up.

"Okay," (Y/n) replied with a smile. He leaned down and kissed her cheek before walking upstairs.

That's another thing she thought about a lot. Why didn't he tell his parents about her?

It didn't make any sense. And she wanted to get to the bottom of it.