012

The boys rode their bikes through the woods, in the direction of the lab. Maybe she escaped again? They didn't know what to do or think.

After searching the area of the lab and coming up with nothing, they decided to check the quarry.

Maybe they didn't take her. Maybe she was running away from them.

"Will and I will go check the town. You guys look around here," Lucas said. Him and Will rode away, leaving Mike and Dustin at the quarry.

They got off of their bikes and looked around for a couple of minutes, before someone yelled

"Hey Frogface!".

"Shit," Dustin mumbled. They turned around to see Troy and James standing towards the edge of the cliff.

"What do you want?" Mike yelled back. Troy walked towards him while James ran over to Dustin, putting him in a headlock.

"Jump, dork," Troy said, pointing towards the water below the cliff's edge.

"Why would I do that?" Mike asked. Troy laughed before walking over to Dustin. He pulled out a switchblade and pointed it towards Dustin's stomach.

"If you don't, I'll stab your little buddy's heart out," Troy threatened.

"Troy..." James interjected.

"Shut up, James," Troy said.

"Don't do it Mike!" Dustin yelled. Mike sighed and walked to the edge, looking at the jagged rocks and the water below him.

He closed his eyes and hopped off.

"Mike!"

"What the hell?"

"Troy! He actually did it!"

Suddenly, Mike froze in mid-air.

"Huh?" He asked himself. Then, he was safely transferred to the ground.

"What the fuck? Witchcraft!" Troy yelled.

Suddenly, a very dirty (Y/n) emerged from the trees, a stream of blood flowing from her nose.

"Who the hell are you?" Troy asked.

"Aren't you the girl that went missing last year?" James asked. (Y/n) said nothing.

She held out her hand, making Troy fly up. Using her telekinesis, she choked him.

"Stop! This is crazy!" James yelled. Mike ran over to Dustin, who was laying on the ground. (Y/n) let out a scream before throwing Troy off of the edge. He landed safely in the water.

She turned to James, who was terrified.

"Please..."

She walked over to him and, using her powers, threw him off the edge, so he landed in the water. On top of Troy,

which broke his shoulder.

(Y/n)'s eyes fluttered shut before she collapsed onto the ground, passing out.

"(Y/n)!" Mike yelled. He ran over to her and checked her pulse, making sure she was still alive.

"Shit. She okay?" Dustin asked, running over to where they were.

"Yeah, I think. Let's get her back to my house," Mike said.

"How?" Dustin asked. Mike glanced down at (Y/n) and slowly picked her up, bridal style.

"You go! I'll get my bike later," Mike said. Dustin nodded and rode off through the woods, back to his house.

After about twenty minutes of walking, Mike reached his house. Lucas and Will returned there after looking through the town.

Mike walked into his house and walked down the stairs to his basement.

"Is it true? Did she really throw Troy off of a cliff?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, but be quiet. She's passed out. I think she's overtired," Mike said. He quickly placed her inside of the fort, covering her with a blanket.

"Why?" Will asked.

"I'm not sure. I think using her powers drains her, so it's best we let me sleep. Lucas, go get me a tissue," Mike said, turning back to (Y/n). She looked so peaceful.

Lucas ran up the stairs to the bathroom and returned with a roll of toilet paper.

"I didn't know where the tissues were," he said. Mike shrugged and took the roll, ripping off a piece. He proceeded to wipe the blood from (Y/n)'s nose and try to wipe away the dirt on her face.

"Let's go upstairs until she wakes up," Mike said, standing up and leading the group upstairs into the living room. They all sat down on the couch.

"When do your parents get home?" Will asked.

"Tomorrow, and I'm freaking out," Mike said.

"Oh shit. I still haven't worked out a living situation for her," Will said, his tone panicked.

"It'll be fine. She can still live in the basement and I can just bring her food after I get home. My parents work during the day and have the same hours as Nancy, so she'll still be able to roam the house while I'm at school," Mike explained, mostly just trying to reassure himself that everything would be fine.

"So what do you think happened here?" Lucas asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure. My front door and my basement door were both open," Mike said.

"Maybe the lab people came in through the front, and she left through the back," Dustin suggested.

"That makes sense. But how did they know she was here?" Mike asked.

"No idea. That's what's scary. If they came before, they'll probably come again. Somehow, they know she's staying here," Dustin said.

"We need to take this lab down. Before it's too late," Lucas said.

"Yeah. If we don't do anything, they'll keep coming back. They'll find her eventually," Dustin said.

"How can we take down the lab? We're just a couple of teenagers with no evidence," Mike said.

"Um, hello. (Y/n) is literally the biggest piece of evidence against the lab," Dustin said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Mike said, not liking the idea of Dustin calling her 'a piece of evidence'.

"Should I bring the rest of her stuff over tomorrow? Since she's most likely just gonna stay here," Will said quietly. He was mad at himself for not being able to find a place for her to stay. He didn't want Mike to have the burden of hiding her while his mom and brother knew about her.

"Yeah. I'll help," Mike said. It was Thursday, so the boys had one more day left of school before the weekend.

"We need to come up with a plan in case the lab people come back while no one is home," Dustin said.

"Yeah. She can't just run away every time they come. She'll eventually be caught or seen by someone," Lucas said.

The boys conversed. Well, Dustin, Lucas, and Will did. All Mike heard was buzzing.

He was lost in his own head, thinking about (Y/n), and how cute she looked wearing his clothes.

"Mike?" Dustin asked, snapping him out of his trance.

"What?" Mike asked, confused and embarrassed.

"You zoned out again. That's like the fifth time today," Lucas said.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about the math test tomorrow," he lied. The boys shrugged it off and continued to create a plan.

However, Mike was thinking of a different plan. He wanted to ask (Y/n) to the spring dance that was coming up.

But, he didn't know how.

He didn't know if she'd even say yes, let alone how to get her into the dance. People thought she was dead. And until the lab was taken down, it had to stay that way.

Suddenly, they heard a shriek from downstairs.