019

"Shit!" Steve yelled, tripping over a crate and landing on the hard metal floor in front of him.

"Steve!" Dustin yelled.

The four were hiding in a secluded hallway of the underground tunnel system below the mall. Also known as "The Russian's Lair", as Dustin called it.

"You have to be quiet!" Robin scolded.

"Sorry! I didn't see the box there," Steve said, getting up.

"No one heard, I don't think. Man, I hope (Y/n) and the others are okay," Dustin said, leaning against the wall.

"So that (Y/n) kid has powers now?" Robin asked, still not knowing the full story.

"Basically, yeah," Dustin said.

"Isn't she that one girl who went missing?" Erica asked, sitting on a crate.

"Yes. The lab took her and experimented on her but she escaped," Dustin said, tired of telling them over and over.

"Do you know what happens if she doesn't close the gate?" Robin asked, leaning against the wall and sliding down so she was sitting.

"Nope. The upside down existing is bad enough, but having an opening to our world is worse," Dustin said.

"So if the gate isn't closed... those monsters can come into our world?" Erica asked.

"Probably," Dustin said.

Erica tried not to show her fear. She had the whole "I'm tougher than you" thing going on, but she was actually terrified.

Worried about her brother.

Scared of the monsters.

-

"You've got to be kidding me. I'm the chief of police!" Hopper exclaimed. On the way to the lab, he was pulled over by another cop.

"And? You were speeding," the cop said.

"Murphy, you work for me!" Hopper said, angrily. Joyce was anxiously sitting in the passenger seat, just wanting to go to the lab.

"Doesn't matter, Hop. I need to give you a ticket," Murphy said. Hopper angrily slammed his foot on the gas, speeding away from Murphy and towards the lab.

Meanwhile, the kids in the lab found where the roar came from. They ran up the stairs and into a long corridor, where they saw a large figure at the end.

"What the hell is that?" Max asked.

"Demogorgon," (Y/n) said, trying to sound confident. The monster turned around and showed it's face, a disturbing series of twists and turns in its off-white skin.

"Fuck," Mike whispered.

"Go in there. I can do this," (Y/n) whispered, motioning her head towards the door nearby. Mike kissed her cheek before running into the room, the others following behind him.

The monster slowly stalked towards (Y/n), cocking it's head to the right when it was close to her.

"Boo," (Y/n) said before sticking her hand in front of her. The monster's face opened to reveal the similar Venus flytrap and flower mix that (Y/n) was familiar with.

It let out a shriek as (Y/n) used her telekinesis to lift the beast off the ground. With her other hand, she used her magnetokinesis to pick up shards of broken metal. With a wave of her hand, the sharp pieces were flung into the mouth of the monster, earning another disgusting scream.

(Y/n) started closing her hand into a fist as blood streamed out of her left nostril. With a yell, she crushed the monster. The beast, with one final blood-curdling shriek, exploded, leaving dark red goo all over the walls.

"Holy shit!" Lucas yelled, running out of the room. Mike ran to (Y/n)'s aide immediately. Her skin was paler than before, and the bags underneath her eyes darkened.

She practically looked dead.

"Are you okay?" Will asked, rushing to her other side. She nodded and walked forward, swiftly wiping the blood from her nose.

"Hopefully that's the only one," Max mumbled.

Oh, how wrong she was.

-

"What was that?" Steve asked, looking around. A loud screech sounded through the hallway the four were hiding in, causing the walls to shake.

"Let's go check it out," Robin said, running towards the direction the scream came from.

"Goddamnit," Dustin said, following her. Erica and Steve shared a nervous look before racing after them.

The gang ran into the room where the sound was coming from. Inside the room was a small demogorgon looking monster, except it walked on all fours and was short.

Dustin tanked his walkie talkie out of his backpack and clicked the call button.

"Code red! Code red!" He screeched.

"Jesus, what?" Lucas asked quietly. They were nearing the testing centers; where the gate would probably be.

"Two gates! There's a monster here!" Dustin said, out of breath. He ran out of the room, slamming the door behind him. The other three followed him out before the door shut.

"What?" (Y/n) said, snatching the walkie talkie from him.

"Two gates!" Dustin yelled again, disconnecting the call.

"Wait," (Y/n) said.

"Huh?" Mike asked.

"There aren't two gates... there's only one. I only saw one. They must've taken monsters from the place and brought them there," (Y/n) said.

"And if you close the gate..." Will started.

"They'll all be dead!" (Y/n) finished. 

"They can't live without the gate. It's their way of living," Max said.

"Let's go close that goddamn gate," (Y/n) said, springing up and marching towards the testing centers.

"Are you sure you want her to do this?" Will asked Mike quietly. Lucas and Max marched after (Y/n).

"I don't know. Can you do me a favor and wait out here? There's a phone over there. I'll signal you if you need to call anyone," Mike said.

"Got it," Will said, walking towards the phone. Mike felt bad for leaving him out, but someone needed to make sure it would all be okay.

He couldn't lose her again.