The ice mage tightened his grip on Loki, "How is a bond made?"

"Please say sex."

A vein on Gray's temple pulsed in anger and he glared at the perverted spirit he was carrying, "You're awake? I thought you passed out." Gray muttered a little annoyed that he was carrying the spirit who apparently recovered enough to be listening, alert and looked fine. He considered making Loki stand on his own, but then he remembered that Loki hasn't had any chakra training and would probably fall straight through Juvia so he begrudgingly held the spirit.

Lucy rolled her eyes at her perverted spirit's comment, "Loki isn't too far off, but sex can only be used to strengthen a bond not make one. If sex is used before hand her magic will attempt to lock on, but will only make a physical bond. That goes against the matches' whole purpose, which is to stabilize her magic. Only a ritual can create the right bond, but if the blood mage doesn't know it, they'll act on instinct, which means they'll usually just have sex because they misinterpreted the desire for a bond with ... well a desire for a bond."

"If you wanted Natsu to check who's around her does that mean she's not drawn to only her matches?" Juvia asked.

Lucy frowned, "No. According to the book, which was written by a mage who could do nothing to save his blood mage friend and dedicated his life to helping blood mages, it's not that simple. She'll search for a bond wherever, but if she relies on sex or has sex with the wrong person can become unstable. Dragon slayers can accidentally make things worse since they are driven by instinct and make the same misinterpretation-"

"Wait! Why are you so sure Naruko is going through this transformation thing right now?" Gray asked getting worried.

The celestial mage pondered trying to recall the exact things mentioned, but to be sure she unsealed several papers that had information taken straight from the book, "I didn't notice her hair turning red, but there was something that made me worry. It was not about Naruko."

Gray twitched, "You don't remember what it was-gah!" Gray glared at the rain woman who yet again sprayed him.

"I remember it, but it's hard to explain and may be nothing. It wasn't a simple trait and I wasn't too worried at first, but it's best to be safe ... it was something slightly odd-ah ha!" Lucy flipped over a page and held it so Gray could see it. "The thing was more about the bond with the familiar. It's easy to forget because we know Naruto's familiar as Minato, but the familiar is still tied to Naruko. Remember when Minato turned mostly into vapors, but kept his eyes?"

Gray shivered in fear at that memory, "Yeah ... creepy."

"Well he didn't always have the ability to control Sin to that degree, but then he lost control to a point. When Minato tried to follow Natsu that one time and he couldn't, that could be a sign that Sin was getting more powerful. Sin's power reflects that of his master and, like the mage, it reacts on instinct during this time. Sin let Naruko be alone with Natsu so a bond could be formed. If that's true then she could have been at this transformation stage for a while. I only hope I'm wrong."

XXXXXXXXXX

Natsu smelled an alluring scent and his eyes became dazed, "Happy, down there!"

"Got it!" Happy steered himself towards the lakeside house with the dock jutting out into the water and dropped Natsu. Happy was going to follow Natsu, but was tackled by something. "Ah! Help!"

"Calm down. It's just me."

Happy blinked and looked up to see his fellow flying cat, "Lily?" Happy smiled and turned to look for Natsu, but gaped when he saw that Natsu didn't even stop to help him.