In Ruins

Last Time:

Natsu took a deep to calm himself as he walked over to Naruko who was coming to the campsite with a few fish, "Can we talk a minute, Naruko?"

XXXXXXXXXX

"Of course, Natsu." The former ninja smiled softly and left Erza and Lucy at the campsite. Both women were smirking as if they knew something and those smirks only grew when Happy tried to look innocent as he took a spot near the fire. Neither Naruko or Natsu heard Erza knock Gray out cold when he returned with some firewood and saw the two leave ... there will be no disruptions. Happy sweat dropped at the sight of poor Gray twitching on the ground ...

Natsu took a deep breath to steady his heart rate. Never in his life has he ever been even close to being this nervous around anyone before, "I ... umm Naruko, do you believe in dragons?"

"Yes." Naruko smiled making Natsu get a little flustered. "It's not a hard thing to believe when you see the giant animals that can be summoned. I heard once during class in ... Konoha, that there was once a summoning scroll for dragons ... you were trained by one right?" Naruko said genuinely happy though she became a little cold when the ninja village's name came up, which considering how they treated her.

"Yep! My father was Igneel, the king of fire dragons! That makes me a dragon slayer and ... umm ... as a dragon slayer I have ... instincts ... a-about certain people ... or really about one person in particular ... Igneel said I would know my soulmate the second I saw him or her and I ... think it's you and I think I'm not your only mate." Natsu gulped nervously. He, at least, realized this might be a bit hard to believe. Most people don't even believe in dragons, but he hoped Naruko would give them a chance.

Naruko blinked ... it was times like this she wished her father was there to talk to, but at the same time she didn't Natsu to be attacked by a protective wraith, "I ... I don't know exactly how to respond to that ... honestly, I thought it was odd, but I liked you since we first met. I'm not the most trusting person." Naruko chuckled softly and notice Natsu looked hopeful when she said she liked him and was hanging her every word. "The last person who said he was my soulmate was Sasuke and ... well that was clearly not true-"

"I wouldn't hurt you! That prick was a lair! I ... I just want a chance." Natsu said softly.

The blonde thought a moment. Her Dad always said you could tell if someone trustworthy is if they answer your questions with genuine feelings and that it doesn't sound like they practiced ahead of time. Strangely enough she didn't think the pink haired male was lying. "Natsu, what did you mean when you said that you weren't my only mate? Do I have more than one?"

Natsu blushed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Well ... I noticed that I wasn't trying to keep Gray away from you like other guys so ... I don't know for sure, but maybe." Natsu said quickly. It was by no means a solid answer, but it was enough for Naruko.

"I'd like to try, Natsu." Naruko said with a slight seductive purr as she took hold of the dragon slayer's hand and gently held his arm against her breasts when she moved next to him. Natsu went from overjoyed to blushing madly as the warm mounds of flesh pressed against his arm.

Erza was the first to them walk back to camp, "You two have a good talk?" Both Lucy and Happy looked up and smiled as they saw the two walked together.

"It was ... enlightening." Naruko said with a smile, but sweat dropped as she finally noticed Gray laying on the ground out cold with a lump on his head. "Err ... what happened to Gray?" She asked as Natsu snickered.

"Nothing ... he slipped." Erza and Lucy said in perfect sync and Happy groaned as he shook his furry blue head. It took Happy a few minutes, but he did explain about the possibility of multiple mates when Naruko and Natsu were talking. Sadly, this theory came far too late for Gray ...