CHAPTER 7: Do u like her?

' oh pls v both know that dino thunder was d best '

I scoffed.

' no. east or west SPD was d best.'

'dino thunder'

'SPD'

'dino'

'SPD'

'dino'

I roll my eyes on his childishness. It's currently two in the morning and it turned out that we both were not able to sleep, so we started chatting.

Luckily it's Sunday today and I can sleep later in the afternoon. We started chatting almost an hour ago and none of us are ready to quit the conversation and call it a night. Oops! morning.

' this conversation is useless like u'

'ouch! I'm hurt pretty lady..'

'oh! I'm sorry... Not'

'haha very funny '

It's been a few days since the dinner and that weird conversation with Ari. I still don't know what she meant.

' I can feel that something is bothering u'

We've got a mind reader here!

' it's nothing serious'

'fine if u don't tell me, I won't tell u bout what happened after u gave me the advice about apologizing.'

I narrow my eyes. Hmph! That's not fair.

But do I want to know what happened? Yes.

' fine. *eye rolls* my roommate said something confusing to me and it's been bugging me for a while.'

'what did she say?'

' first u tell me about the date. Did she accept ur apology?'

'well... I kinda messed up'

What?!

' what do u mean?'

'instead of apologizing I changed the topic.'

'Y?'

' saying sry kinda hurts my ego. It shows me as a weak person.'

My eyes widen. Somebody has got a huge ego.

' saying sry doesn't hurt anybody's ego..'

'what? what do u mean?'

'saying sry means that u r ready to accept ur mistake and u care for d person.'

'so u think I care for her?'

'well... do u still want to apologise to her?'

'Yes'

'congo! U do care for her.'

I think I should quit my job and start counselling sessions.

' so pretty lady? What should I do?'

' first answer me few questions honestly...'

'ok'

' did you see her after the dinner?'

' I see her everyday'

Damn. She's lucky.

' gud. When was the last time u had a talk with her?'

'at the dinner'

' u better change ur attitude mister...'

' u r not my mom'

' I'm not. But u have to change ur attitude towards her if u wanna apologize '

' fine.'

'last question...'

'go on'

'do u like her?'

****

It's Monday morning now and still no reply. I think I touched a sore spot. I also think that I went a bit more straightforward, something I guess I shouldn't have done.

Yeah... No shit Sherlock.

Ari is sitting in front of me, eating her pancakes. I'm sure she notices my miserable self but she's not saying anything. I'm thankful to her.

I finish my breakfast and leave for work without saying goodbye.

"Ugh! Damn you laptop!"

It's afternoon now and my laptop has low battery. That's just so great. Really great.

I also noticed that since the supposed kidnapping, Mr King has tried to avoid all sorts of physical contact with me. He is either giving me orders through intercom or through the receptionist, Caroline. Like I care.

You know you do...

I don't.

I continue hitting the keys of the laptop in frustration, when I hear a voice.

"You know that laptop isn't gonna work on its own if you hit the keyboard instead of charging it, pretty lady."