CHAPTER 42: The intruder

' geez that must have been tough.'

'yup. But then I finally learned how to drive.'

It's night and I'm not sleepy. I think I'm turning insomniac.

' random question... Name something u always wanted to see'

Something I always wanted to see, that's easy.

' a shooting star or a meteor shower. Heard they r beautiful.'

' that's nice. Someday I'll take you there.'

Yeah...yeah, we'll see about that.

' what about u?'

' I see her everyday. I don't wanna see anything else but her smile.'

Cheesy much?

It has been exact fifty six hours, twenty three minutes and seven seconds, no scratch that, eight seconds and counting since I realized my feelings for Eric. I can't stop thinking about him.

Rick and I are on speaking terms but we somehow always managed to avoid the discussion of our meeting or about meeting again. I don't mind as long as I don't lose him or his friendship, I'll be fine.

' do u still drive?'

I furrow my eyes in confusion. Still drive? What does he mean? I obviously stopped driving after Thomas's accident, there was an exceptional case when I went back to California, but I never told him that.

' what do u mean?'

He's taking a really good amount of time to reply. A yawn escapes from me and I rub my eyes.

' I meant that u earned ur license years ago, so I thought that u would still be driving.'

Oh.

' I stopped driving almost a year ago. Personal reasons.'

' oh it's fine. Everybody has their own reasons.'

I think it's finally time to call it a night.

' I'm feeling a bit sleepy. GN.'

'sweet dreams, pretty lady.'

I jerk up when I heard the doorbell. What the fuck? Who is it at this hour?

' somebody just pressed the doorbell.' I type and he replies in an instant.

' don't open the door. Call the cops'

I ignore his text and take out the baseball bat I always hid under my bed. I slowly open my bedroom door and met with darkness. The doorbell rings again and I slowly tip toe to the main door. The floor creaks on every few steps I take but I try to be as quite as possible.

My phone is constantly vibrating but I can't answer his texts now. I have a problem standing on my door.

Ari is still sleeping in her room and it would be useless trying to wake her up. She's a deep sleeper. Even an earthquake won't wake her up.

I touch the door knob and slowly twist it open. I position my bat, ready to strike. It's still dark but my eyes have now adjusted to it.

I peek out and see a silhouette of a man, half naked standing in front of me.

"Hey baby, wanna work out on me?" He gives me a smirk.

"AHHHHH!!!!" I scream at top of my lungs and forcefully shut the door right at his face.