CHAPTER 26: Ari's tour

"Wow."

"I know right? It's hard to believe it."

"So, he got promoted and you're alone with your hot shot boss?" Ari asks me.

"Yes. And he's not only my boss, he's also my friend." I pick up my laptop and and place it on the table.

It's night time and Ari Skype me asking all the details about the flight, hotel and Mike. Obviously I won't tell her what happened during the twisters game but I'm telling her all the other details.

I walk to the wardrobe to take out my night shirt and pyjamas. "I wanna see the suite." Ari says out of the blue.

"What?"

"I said I wanna see the suite. So pick up this laptop and give me the damn tour." She commands me. I roll my eyes at her attitude.

"Fine."

I pick up the laptop, in the opposite way and I walk out of my room. I realize that Eric is not here so he must be in his room. I show her the balcony first followed by the gaming room, the bar, the kitchen and finally the living room.

"You know Beth, you are living my dream." Ari makes a dreamy face.

"No I'm not, I thought your dream was to be a Netflix star."

"Can you show me the paintings? I couldn't see them clearly." She changes the topic.

I sigh." Okay."

I continue to show her the paintings and reach at the painting near which was right beside Eric's bedroom door.

"I don't understand this painting. What was the painter trying to impress?" Ari grumbles from the other side of the screen.

"Since when did you had a keen interest in the paintings?" I raise my voice at her.

And that's when Eric opens his bedroom door and looks at me shocked. His eyes then venture down to the screen in front of him.

"Bloody hell..." Ari's voice fades away from the other end of the screen.

"You look hot Eric. Keep up the great workout." Ari finally speaks up.

"You know Beth I'm so glad that I'm not there with you because I'm pretty sure you are embarrassed as hell." I could hear her smirking. A blush crept up on my face.

Am I forgetting something? Oh yeah...Eric has just gotten back from his shower. His hair is dropping small droplets of water and he is only having a towel which is hanging very low from his waist.

"Ehh...thank you Anna. It's nice to see you again." He scratches the back of his neck and tries to avoid her gaze.

"Beth are you alive? Or have you died of embarrassment?" Ari asks me.

"I am alive!" My voice squeaks.

God this is so embarrassing!

"Good. Can we continue talking in your room? I think I finally understood what the painting meant."

"Okay." I try to avoid Eric's eyes which are at me.

I turn around and run to my room.

"Elizabeth Green! Stop running, the screen is shaking!"

****

Ping!

' gud morning Liza.. did u sleep well?'

I was about to reply him when I heard a knock.

"Come in."

Eric opens the door looking down to his phone with furrowed eyebrows.

I wonder what happened...

"Elizabeth, the breakfast is here and I would suggest you to be ready in an hour. We are going to meet my parents." He still doesn't looks at me.

I think I could sense his worry.

"Mr Kin–Eric is everything all right?" I ask him getting up from my bed.

He finally looks up at me. "Oh yeah...everything's fine, just waiting for someone's reply."

Oh. I know that feeling.

"Oh. Okay, I'll be out in couple of minutes." He then closes the door. I pick up my phone and reply him.

' gud morning to u too Rick and yes I slept like a baby'

As soon as I hit the send button, I heard a shout from the living room.

"Yes!"

What the fuck was that?