CHAPTER 22: Pet name

' so u wanna meet me?' I text him and wait for his reply.

No reply.

It's weekend and I'm just laying on my bed doing absolutely nothing. Ari has gone to Mark's place. I did warn her about his ways but she said she was ready to take the risk.

I wonder why...

I'm also thinking about finally meeting this guy. Of course after knowing his name and few more personal things about him. If he opens up to me, I'll also do the same but I know I have to be very careful with it.

Ping!

' do u wanna meet?'

' u were the one who suggested it.'

'yeah right.'

'so?'

' where do u wanna meet? I live in America. '

What? No shit Sherlock. I knew that, we do have the same timezone, so he must be living near New York or in New York.

' wow. That's a very vital piece of info u gave me mister.'

' it's Rick.'

What?!

' what?'

' my name.... It's Rick. It's a pet name actually but for now it would do.'

Oh. My. God.

He revealed his name! A pet name! But at least it's a name.
I start jumping on my bed.

"Yes! Yes! You finally have a name!!" I shout to nobody. Thank God Ari is not at home.

Should I reveal mine? Well he did so should I right?

' well it's nice to know ur name, Rick. My name's Liza. It's a pet name just like urs.'

The smile plastered on my face is now permanent. We know each other's name!

'it's nice to know ur name too, Liza'

I feel like we have moved a step forward towards our friendship and a step closer to our meeting.

This would be something I'll be looking forward to it...

****

"So you're leaving for California at what time?" Jake asks me while sipping his coffee I made for him.

I shrugged myself. "Probably early in the morning."

"Did you call your parents?" Ari asks as she sits on the chair and starts cutting her pancakes.

It's Sunday morning and I woke up feeling happy and light. After we told each other's name, we continued chatting for a couple of hours about other random stuff. He later decided to call it a night because he had to go to his parents place early this morning.

He's definitely his momma's boy.

"I plan on surprising them." I start smiling when I think about my parents.

I haven't heard from them ever since I shifted to New York because I wanted to get rid of the unpleasant memories of it.

"Yeah, just don't give your poor father a heart attack if you go over there with your hot shot boss." Ari smirks at me.

"I'll try my best." I smile at her sheepishly.

Jake came over for breakfast because he smelled coffee. He lives right across us, has his door closed, how does he smells the damn coffee? I'll never know.

"You leave on Wednesday, right?" Ari asks me.

"Yep. I have Tuesday off so that I can pack." I inform her.

"Why are you going to California? You didn't tell us." Jake asks me.

Ari also stops eating and looks up at me. "Yeah, I never asked. Why are you going to California?"

"I–I don't know. Mr King never told me. It would probably some annual meeting or function because his parents are also coming." They both nod their heads in understanding.

"How long will you be gone?" Jake continues to question me.

"Four days or maybe a week, if my parents try to stop me from leaving." I reply him.

"So...you'll be leaving early in the morning with your boss, on his private jet, alone." Ari states this as a fact.

I nod my head. "Pretty much...yeah you got it right."

"Will you remain as a virgin by the end of this trip?" She asks me chuckling.

A huge blush crept up on my face as I hit her shoulders.

Jake roars with laughter and Ari also joins him.

Oh God... How am I going to survive a week with him?

Author's note:

One more chapter and we fly to California. I would suggest to start packing up your bags cause Elizabeth has already started. 👜👜

They finally know each other's name.... YOU ARE WELCOME 😘😘

But it's just a pet name😒
*Author gives an evil laugh*

The next chapter's gonna be... Well.. um... *Author scratches her head*.... How can I say this..it's ahh...*Author groans*.....Nevermind... I won't say anything, you guys will find out soon.