CHAPTER 3: Not my lover boy

"So my lovely ladies, what's trending on your lives?" He asks sipping my coffee.

"Beth's online lover boy." Ari replies smiling and batting her eyelashes.

"What?! For the second time Ari he's not my lover boy!" I snapped narrowing my eyes at her.

"Yeah, I do remember Arianna saying some stuff about your lover boy." Our neighbor, Jake what-was-his-surname-I-do-not-remember says.

Seriously, I don't know what Ari sees in this guy. Always trying to get his attention. He's a useless person who doesn't even know how to make a cup of coffee.

No wonder why he came here sniffing the coffee like dog and invading our conversation.

"Remind me again, how you met this guy?"

Before I even open my mouth, Ari beat me out. "Believe it or not, the guy sent a request first and she being a fool accepted the request." I send a small glare to my roommate.

"Does this guy have a name, photo or number? If you want I can look into it."

Oh yeah. Jake also works in the same company where I am working but he handles another branch and is also 'A Go-to-Guy' person.

"No, he doesn't." I grumble, lowering my eyes.

"Wait a minute, weren't you were the one who was going to reveal his name to me?" Ari questions me raising her eyebrows.

I ignore her.

I look at the time and see that there's only thirty minutes remaining to my shift to start.

"As much as I would love to sit here and watch you drinking my coffee and getting interrogated for my 'not guilty actions', I have other Homo sapiens to serve their coffee." I say as I get up from my chair and notice that Ari is about to take a sip of her coffee as she again opens her laptop to watch Netflix with Jake.

I do what my instincts say. I run to my room.

As soon as I shut my door, I hear,

"Elizabeth Green! I HATE YOU!"

I mentally pat myself for my actions. That's for fooling me twice, Ms. Arianna Smith.

Revenge is always sweet.

*Author joins the chat*

Author's note:

Well this is what happens when your brain stops functioning if you study too much. I update, A small update, To keep my readers up to date. Shit! That rhymes😂.

*Author quits the chat*