Chapter 10

Not Edited

Having had his meal after prayers the next morning, prince Nouri decides to proceeds with his plans. "Ali, I need you to come with me to the market place!" Prince Nouri order's his head eunuch.

It was a cloudy day and not a speck of sun in sight. His vassals left early that morning in search of odd jobs but prince Nouri remained adamant on what his visions were.

"What do you need to get young master?" Ali asked prince Nouri. "I smell rain in the air." He says hoping prince Nouri would resolve to remaining indoors.

"I need to get some seeds and books Ali." Prince Nouri comments offhandedly. He didn't want to further explain his motive.He had hoped to find the necessary books he required out on the streets but was willing to have his parents help secure them as a last resort.

"Young master, forgive your servant for speaking out of place but our finance is limited and tight." Ali reasons quietly. He feared prince Nouri was going to spend what little change they had on irrelevant books to keep himself entertained.

"I know Ali. I just need you to trust in me. Now hurry along before it starts to pour down!" Prince Nouri orders, walking ahead with Ali running after him. He saw how unhappy Ali looked at being brushed off so quickly added. "I shall enlighten you when the suitable time approaches."

They spent the morning looking and observing seeds one could cultivate on Persian soil. Although confused, not once did Ali complain or questioned prince Nouri reasoning. And for that the prince was eternally grateful.

Prince Nouri spoke to merchants and before long he had made deals with several merchants. All Ali could do was stand back and watch him as rain descend's from the cloud above them. "Come on Ali! We need to hurry home because it would be raining all day." Admonishes prince Nouri as he adjust's his turban.

"You haven't bought anything young master." Ali says in a statement that sounded more like a question.

"No I have, yet I haven't." Prince Nouri throws him a wry smile at his confused expression. "I have put in place orders for grains and vegetables. But I need farm land first." He says as Ali walks closely behind him. "I was also able to procure these for free." He says producing a pouch from inside his robe.

Prince Nouri had managed to gain the trusts of every merchant he had spoken to. They had been more than willing to part with a few seedlings in the hope that he succeed and returns to purchase more in the nearest future.

"You want to become a farmer?" Ali asked aghast once prince Nouri's words had settle in. He feared his charge was giving up even before the competition began. Farming was a difficult task as it requires being outdoors and severe manual labour. Also he thought it a waste of prince Nouri's intelligence. "But your high--."

"I understand your turmoil. We live in a farming village now. It's only natural that I become one." He laughs as he starts to run for cover.

Once back in the comfort of their humble home, they changed out of their wet clothing and Ali served some warm tea. Prince Nouri could see his struggle to keep his mouth shut. He knew and understood Ali since he has been with him since he was a toddler. Ali's stiffened shoulder sags with a heavy sigh.

"Ali, you can ask and tell me whatever troubles you." He says putting the poor man out of his misery.

"Forgive your servant for speaking out of place. Farming is a strenuous job your highness and I cannot watch you suffer." Ali says with tears in his eyes. "I don't thing prince Arsham would be doing something like this."Ali politely chastises prince Nouri who remained calm and collected as he spoke.