"I'm sure," Shantey fakes a smile, "but I didn't come over to talk about tea nor did you invite me over for tea. I come to talk about my son. Is he here?"

"Of course not," Francesca turns around, placing the jug of tea back into the Subzero refrigerator. She turns back to Shantey and says, "My son will chew my ears off if I had you around his son."

"Our son," Shantey corrects with furrowed eyebrows. "The hell is this about then?"

"Cruz birthday is coming up," Francesca mentions, which is the sixth of April. "I would've extended an invite to the party David is throwing him, but I haven't really spoken about you coming."

"I know his birthday is coming up. I don't have to be around your son to have a party. I can have my own for him."

"You may, but there's only one condition. He can't leave New York with you. Only here and that's it."

Shantey immediately laughs. "You serious?" Francesca stares at her blankly, indicating how serious she was. "Oh wow, you mufuckas are crazy. You telling me I can have my son on his birthday but only in New York?"

"Yes, and only for the morning while David has him the evening for his second party. Or if you're mature enough to be in the presence of David without acting a fool, you can attend the party with your son together."

She breathes deeply before asking, "is this coming from you or him?"

"From him," Francesca clarifies, "he would've been here but that would've been a bad idea all together."

Yes, it would've. I would've been jumped over this island and smacked him.

"You're right."

"So, what's it gonna be, Shantey? You tagging along at the party and showing you can be an adult for a few hours or have your own?"

"First, we're gonna stop degrading me as if you're any better. You gotta past too, remember that. And second... I'm gonna think about what I'll do. I have a few days left. You'll know when you see me."

Shantey starts to turn around when Francesca says, "why don't you just stop trying to fight this custody thing, Shantey? You just got outta rehab. You should be focusing on yourself and getting better. You already have a teenager. What are you gonna do with a almost-two year old? You're gonna be far to busy to give him the attention he needs. I know you're label is on you quite hard right now. Music is your focus."

Shantey chuckles lightly as she looks at Francesca. "Maybe you forgot, but me and your son is in the same industry. He's recording, too. Does that make he's not giving our almost two year old son the attention he needs either? No matter what, my son's will always come first-"

Francesca interrupts her saying, "Yet you chose pills over him."

"And you chose crack over yours, so what the fuck do you mean?" Shantey quickly retorts with a frowned face. "Don't keep trying to take jabs and fucking judge me cause you ain't no different. You went to rehab back then, too. Just how you got yo shit together, let me do that, too. Only difference is, I'm not giving up on mine as quick as you did. State had your kids for how long? Five years. So don't keep coming for me. At least my son with his Father. This whole caring act you putting on, you can stop. I know you don't like me and I'm not fond of you either. Keep that goofy ass party. I'll throw one for my own son with his family."

Shantey walks out of the kitchen when Francesca says, "gotta get your family to care about you first before caring about Cruz, honey."

Shantey pauses in the middle of the living room. She wants to turn around and pound her fist into her face, but she was going to respect her elders and take a page out of Anissa's book and not be impulsive. She exhales and continues footing across the living room. She waits to put on her coat until she steps outside and skips down the stoop. Sino spots her out of the rearview mirror and climbs out of the SUV. He opens the backdoor, taking notice to her change in attitude.