Chapter Thirteen . . . Halloween Special!

Start from the beginning

"I-I-I . . ."

"Spit it out Catherine!"

"I want to go get candy for Halloween." I said ashamed, but why should I be ashamed when every other kid on the block was doing it?

"Absolutely not! You want to be a sinner!" I shook my head and tried scooting away from him knowing that a slap was headed in my direction.

"No daddy. I just want to have fun." I whimpered and he stopped in front of me.

"Fun? Well you can have fun in your attic." He said with a scary smile.

"No please!" I screamed as he gripped my hair and dragged me up the steps and towards the attic.

___________________________________________________________________

"Cat! Cat! CAT!" I shook my head as Kara was literally jumping up and down and screaming my name.

"What?"

"I was talking about Halloween."

"Right Halloween."  I confirmed and she just stared at me. "What?"

"Do you need to sit down?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine."

"Hey guys!" A voice said interrupting us and I quickly saw that it was Lindsay wearing a Pikachu costume. "Where's your costume, Cat?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't have one." I said simply.

"Oh that won't do in this office." Kara warned and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll just go as a normal Achievement Huntress." Lindsay and Kara looked at each other and looked as if they were talking through a silent bond. "Guys?" I called and before I knew it Lindsay and Kara were grabbing my arms and dragging me to the bathroom.

They shut and locked the door behind them and Kara took out a makeup bag.

"What are you guys doing?" I whined and Lindsay just grinned.

"Making your Halloween costume." Kara said simply and took out black makeup.

"What kind of costume?"

"We are going to make you a . . . ." I was waiting for the drum roll, but Kara and Lindsay's excited voices were enough. "A CAT!" They stared at me waiting for my reaction.

"Okay." I agreed and their excited attitudes turned into a sad one.

"Oh come on Cat! Dressing you up as a Cat will be great!" I rolled my eyes.

"And I said okay, now carry on."

"She's no fun." Kara whined and started on the makeup.

After about ten minutes she was done and I looked in the mirror to see my face decorated like a pretty cat.

"Well, meow." I laughed and turned to Lindsay and Kara who both laughed.

"There, you are fully decorated for Halloween. You just need one more thing!" Kara said and turned around only to pull out a pair of cat ears.

I felt my eyebrows scrunch together. "Do you always carry around a pair of cat ears in your purse."

"You never know when you are going to need them." She giggled. "Now go to work and with your Gavy wavy." She said in a sing-song voice and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut the hell up Kara." I said and got up from my seat and stared at both ladies who were staring at me.

"Thanks Girls!" I yelled and hugged them in a group hug.