Chapter 8: Utopia

-

Professor went around handing us a a rubric to each and every group in the room, Liam's voice whispers beside me "This is bull",

"In this project, students must create a 25 x 25 model of a Utopian Society, it is required to have a community building, neighborhoods, a school, and for every single extra detail will add a point to your grade, make up rules and regulations and how they keep this community stable. Although for the overall results, the model must also be explained, with detail on a typed document. Remember to give credit to whom ever you take information from, plagiarism will not be acceptable throughout this project"

What in the name of heavens did I think of registering into this class.

I stare unto paper, until my focus break to the sudden yell of the professor, "I will also be expecting this project to be done by both partners," he deliberately looks at Liam, who cheekily fakes a smile towards to professor.

A tap appears on my right shoulder, causing my head to jerk to his direction, "what are we suppose to do?" Liam whispers, "I don't know, make a 'perfect' society I guess" I reply, "How?",
"All we have to do is make a community with, I don't know clay? and write about it," I simply explain,
"So basically make it look presentable, and write down what we did?" he says, I shrug my shoulders, "Well yeah, but this is freaking college, not elementary, we don't just write about it, we need to have regulations of the community, what keeps it stable, and all the details of a 'perfect' society without flaws, with the appropriate grade language" I respond, he nods his head as if he understands.

Our attention seeks back at the professors as he explains further into the topic. I really need to start paying more attention in class, I probably missed important parts of this topic, but oh well, I could wing it.

I could utilize some of Isabelle's knowledge on this assignment, since she's quite obsessed with novels that are placed inside a Utopian world. She's possibly happy getting to do this, as for me; I wish I could lock myself in my dorm forever and do nothing at all.
Class ends at 2:30 a little earlier than its suppose to be, but I won't complain, I just want to get this day over with.

I won't be surprised to experience another session of yelling and anger for the next few weeks - cough cough Mr. Carter - at least he didn't yell at me today! The gods must hate me, due to the fact that I will be stuck to a person in which common ground does not exist between the both of us, for a week, and I guarantee you that he will do nothing at all. 

*********

I walk alone down the hall passing through the herd of bodies in the narrow hallway, my focus lays on my feet hearing clicks against the floor every step I make, discarding the excess talking of teenage/adult voices all around me.
I remember in my junior high years I'd always walk opposite directions of the groups of kids, not because it's hard to get through, they awkwardly eye rape you as you pass by follows up by mean compliments either about your hair, clothes, appearance, I'd always avoid their 'business'. But now I don't care anymore, critique me all they want, I've heard it all.

"Hey Jen, wait up!" I hear someone call out from behind, I halt before looking around almost dropping my stuff, seeing Isabelle waving her hands up in the air, she walks toward me picking up her pace from down the hall, she reaches my spot. I smile as she bends down holding her knees while panting in front of me, "what do you want?" I chuckle, she lifts her head letting out an exhausted breath followed up with a slight laugh at the end, she opens her mouth to finally speak, "to walk with you, I don't want to look like a sad loner in the hallways"
I laugh at her statement then walking along side with her, slowly down the hallways but just to the side so we don't get run over, or yelled at, if you know what I mean. I've always appreciated her company, I usually felt alone all the time during my years through elementary, junior, and high school, well, of course I had Ashley, but other than her, pretty much a loner.

Speaking of Ashley, I forgot to call her after the little melodramatic argument between Johnson's and I. I wouldn't be so surprised of hearing never ending yelling from Ashley, considering i'ts been about 2 weeks since that incident..heh, but I don't blame her, I kind of did promise to call back?

I tug on my phone out of my pocket and dialing Ashleys number, thank goodness I got free long distance calling, I don't have the money to pay long distance every time I want to contact family and friends, well friend, back home. 

Numerous rings sounds until its interrupted by someone answering the call, 

"hello?" I hear Ashleys voice speak,

"Hey its Jen! oh my gosh i'm so sorry i didn't call you back" I apologize,

a fade sound of wind rumbles through the phones, shes probably outside or something, 

"sorry could you say that again?"

"Hey Ash its Jen, sorry I didn't call you back!" I explain again,

"Oh my god you left me worried sick! I thought you were being yelled at, since I heard a loud voice booming through the phone, then you hung up and I didn't even know what to do!" she replies shockingly, 

I laugh telling her I was okay, turns out she wasn't mad at all, she was just worried.

shes such a good friend, how does she even put up with me?

I look over to Isabelle whose chuckling about our conversation, she does hand movements mouthing "oh my gawsh" making fun of us, I playfully slap her arm whilst responding to Ashley's questions,'

through out the walk I tell Ash about my experiences throughout college so far, as she tells me about hers at the California State College. Both Isabelle and I are a few meters away from our next class,

"I got to go now Ashley, i'll call you tomorrow for sure this time" I smile

"Okay and DON'T FORGET" she points out almost screaming into the phone,

"okay bye love you" I quickly say one last time before ending the call. Isabelle continues to mock our conversation, "stoop" I whine, she shuts up then her mouth curve into a smile before laughing as she walks straight forward to her next class, as mine is right in front of me. 

I push against the door already preparing myself for another period of boredom. 

-

Hi peeps, I actually accidentally forgot about this story over the week, that's why its so late, so I just finished this chapter right now, (I tied in my forgetfulness in the story as you could see) and this is really short, but its better than nothing.

I am also having thoughts on writing another book whilst writing this one to keep people occupied while waiting for the other to update, so vote, share, comment, and follow please! :)

- Mike