Chapter 14: Rumour Has it

••

"Jen wake up we're going to be late" my eyes squint barely being able to see as the sunlight pierces into my eyes, worst thing yet was that a massive migraine started to occur, Isabelle sat on the wooden edge of my bed staring unto me. "feeling sick?" She says, I sit up leaning against the headboard. Christina told me about the symptoms of the morning after getting drunk, and right now I assume I would be "hungover", I slowly get up almost loosing my balance but I quickly grip unto the foot board of the bed. Isabelle probably knows by now that I am hungover, but she seems to be laughing instead of helping out

Gee great friends aren't they

My feet shuffle towards the door still half awake. Images in my mind flash probably the memory I had last night, I could only remember talking to Travis and Anthony, and Christina and Izzy taking me back here, other than that it was all fuzzy, "Well you had fun last night", my head looks towards Christina who was already in her casual clothes for the day eating breakfast, as for me in the other hand, it's almost 7:30 and nothing else comes to mind except rest

Wait... its almost 7:30!?

as soon as I realize the time, worrying about being sick and rest wasn't a card in the deck, I walk back into my room grabbing a simple outfit that was in my drawer, Isabelle turns up at my door, "Slow down, it could make your situation worse" the weight in my chest gradually lifted off knowing that she was right, worrying could cause stress, and i'll have an even worse morning.

Somehow I managed to pick my pace up dressing then brushing my teeth, I just need to straighten out my hair a little, till then I am set. Even though this headache was constantly digging into my nerves, only gradually getting annoying by the second, I was determined to not get late,

again..

Christina walks through the bathroom door clicking her heels on the tiles letting me know shes there, "hurry up, or we're all going to be late!" she rushes, as much as how rude that sounded, because I am attempting to be happy today and a good friend I am, I respond with a 'sorry, being hungover for the first time is complicated' and smile, usually I would talk back to anyone who would confront me like that. But I get that she also doesn't want to be late so I guess that gives her an advantage.

•••

The swinging doors of the building instantaneously devours students, guess whose next. They really do resemble the gates of hell but that's basically what it is in general. My day starts off with the awkwardness of bumping into a girl who eyes me down head toe, "are you Jennaline Andersons?" she asks, no one really has the time or yet quote 'audacity'  (reference to Liam) to stop and talk to me but I guess this was new, "yes?" I say, she says nothing, not one word except the sound of her feet walking away, I was confused. 

The hallways usually treat me as if I was oblivious but today was different, Christina and Isabelle soon separated from me after a short debate whether one of them should escort me to my class since my brain after a party does not go well. I had the uncanny feeling of discomfort that I was being watched. Soon I realize some students peer their eyes at me, almost examining as if I was some sort of exhibit. Further in the halls I see more students looking in my direction. I do not know whether I should acknowledge this now that for once Jennaline Andersons is noticed, or should I be cautious over what could happen to me if I walk further down the halls. Eyes pretend to not mind, even though it's pretty obvious to me that a big portion of this hallway was looking, that sounded very narcissistic.

I pretend to not notice their glares and continued to mind my own business taking quick steps forward and keeping my head down, they followed my direction where I went, some dropped it, others creepily sustained it trying to cover it up by dazing off into another place as I look back at them. At the moment I miss being an oblivion in the halls, just the mouse that dodges the obnoxious shoving the second the bell rings. I enter my class hopefully not receiving any eyes from anybody here, I saved myself 10 seconds before being late, quickly taking a seat as far away from the middle where Liam and his posse sits, sitting in the back wasn't as common since no one could properly see the board all the way back here but I got a reason, so i'm exempted.