I hadn’t had feelings for anyone, at least not that I could remember. Then comes Megan, and I hated her, then I tolerated her, then I started to actually like her, and now here I was, confused as fuck because now I couldn’t stop thinking about her.

It wasn’t fair.

I eventually pulled up to the house and saw quite a bit of people there, surrounding the outside of the house and walking in and out. It actually looked like a pretty decent party, but I knew I needed to keep my promise to Shawn and behave.

At least this time, and maybe next time I’ll have a little more fun.

I exited my car, walking inside and casually saying hey to a few people I knew form school, and then I saw Emma and Becca. I made my way over to them and Emma’s eyes caught me first, and then Becca’s, who seemed to be more excited to see me.

Emma smiled, “Look who decided to finally show up to a party and stop being a hermit.”

I rolled my eyes, shoving her, “Actually whore, I’ve been on lock-down. I got in some trouble over Thanksgiving break.”

She wiggled her eyes, “Sure, we’ll go with that.”

I smiled sarcastically, “Go get me a water and be useful.”

She laughed, “A water?”

I nodded, “Did I stutter?”

She held up her hand, “I don’t like you when you’re sober.”

Then she walked away, leaving Becca and I alone to talk. She smiled, “I’m glad you decided to show up.”

I shrugged, “I had nothing better to do.”

She laughed, “Stop trying to act all badass, I know you’re not.”

I looked at her, crossing my arms and smirking, “Then you obviously know nothing about me. I’m one-hundred percent badass, Becca.”

Emma joined us again, interrupting our conversation, “Here’s your water, lame-ass.”

And then she walked away, allowing me to focus back to Becca who responded, “Can I ask you something?”

I shrugged, “Do I have to answer?”

She smiled, blushing, “Only if you feel comfortable.”

I nodded, “Go ahead.”

She pulled me onto the couch and spoke, “Why’d you date Emma?”

I had kind of expected this question, simply because Becca was Emma’s friend and Emma was obviously straight considering she was practically molesting her boyfriend in the corner now. I was nothing but a distant memory to her.