Let me out!

Day 5! Ah, I'm a sucker for the "What if...?" Au's, sorry~ A little angst can't hurt... a lot (?)

Disclaimer: Good Omens is owned by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Amazon Prime.

...

..

.

- Gabriel, please, please. - The sweet angel begged, locked up. The archangel watched from the windows of that huge building that was heaven. He turned to see him, with a calm and complacent smile.

- You're not going out, Aziraphale. I already told you. I want you to enjoy the view. - Gabriel, with the arms behind his back, was so proud of his work.

Instead, Aziraphale, who was imprisoned in a glass chamber, just hit the wall and clung to plead for mercy.

- This is not okay! It's not! Humans are destroying each other! Why do you allow this to happen!? We are the good ones! -

Gabriel rolled his eyes, twisting his mouth.

- The good ones? Seriously? Of course we are the good guys, but not under those stupid human standards you learned from being so long down there. - He sighed, with a dramatic face. - I'm so disappointed, I expected so much from you Aziraphale. I even defended you when Michael tried to open my eyes.

- What are you talking about?

- She realized that you let yourself be tempted by the lust of that demon, Crowley. I didn't want to believe her, but then you clearly stated that you wanted to save humanity much more than to fulfill the true great plan ... And well ~ - He laughed elegantly. - Just when I ordered your apprehension, you were so clumsy as to let yourself be discorporate. I could see it coming.

- Are you ... Blaming me for wanting to save humans?

- That or wanting to save your own ass from war. Coward.

- Of course not! - Gabriel raised an eyebrow when he heard it. - I could have fled if that was the case, but I didn't, because the Earth deserved a chance. It's just that you never noticed! You could ask any guardian angel! They saw it! They knew it!

- And yet, you are the only one who is locked up for disobeying the Lord. - He mocked.

- God does not agree with this! I'm sure! She loves all her creatures! -

- If so, there would be no great plan. Why do you make me sound redundant? You are ridiculous. - He huffed, then lifted his shoulders. - Anyway, it's late. The few humans left alive after all those bombs ... I doubt they have a long time to live. This is what you should worry about. - He pointed to the window and among the radioactive clouds, a whole show could be seen.

The angels, the demons, as it happened the first time, fought with improper barbarism, with violence that both seemed to worship and with a mutual hatred that was impossible for Aziraphale not to feel.

He was horrified by the sight of their bodies slowly falling into the void. Black and white feathers rained for every blow and wound. He covered his mouth when he saw an agonizing angel in the hands of a huge spear that pierced his entire body. Why? Why did they want this so strongly? So much death and pain ...

Gabriel, on the other hand, was pleased, waiting for the moment when Lucifer decided to make his appearance. It was his duty, along with the other archangels, to face him. Only Michael was down there, fighting, commanding the heavenly armies. Today would be the day when they would end those traitors of God once and for all.