"Hey, boss..." a guy said, and Emma knew he was looking at Brenda.
It was at that time that the girl collapsed, wheezing as she fell onto the dirt. Jorge fell to his knees beside her, pulling her into his arms. Emma felt her heart ache, this reminding her of Winston, and when he had collapsed, before his death.
"Brenda! Brenda! What's going on? Brenda! Brenda. Brenda, talk to me."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said between painful sounding gasps.

"What's going on with her?" Vince asked, caring in his voice as he knelt beside the two.

"I don't know. Brenda, are you all right? Brenda? Talk to me," he said desperately.

"What the hell?" Vince had bent forward, cautiously pulled down on a rag Brenda had wrapped around her lower calf. "Shit! Crank! We got a Crank!"

Immediately there was commotion as Thomas put himself between Brenda and the gun Vince had whipped out, two men holding Jorge back as he attempted to lunge at Vince.

"Step back!"

"Listen, okay? This just happened, okay?" Thomas explained, hands up.  "She's not dangerous yet."

"You shouldn't have brought her here!"

"I know, I---"

"We let Cranks in here now, the safe haven doesn't last a week!
Step back!" Vince ordered.

"I understand, okay? I understand. Just listen. Please. Please, okay?" Thomas begged him.  "I told her that you could help. Okay? There's got to be something you can do."

There was a moment of hesitation, and Emma half hoped Vince was reconsidering.

Vince cocked his gun.
"Yeah, there is. I can put her out of her misery."

"No! No!"

Before anyone could register what was happening, a click was heard as Emma pulled back on the safety of her own gun, the revolver she'd taken from Barkley level with Vince's chest.

"I'm gonna say this one time. You make a move on her, you make a move on any of them, you'll be dead before you hit the ground you understand me?! Do I make myself clear?!"

Vince seemed almost surprised and maybe even a little shocked that one of them would threaten him, where they were in the safe haven.
But Brenda was a part of them now, and they weren't going to lose anyone else if Emma could help it.

"Vince, that's enough! Let him go. Let him go!" A woman with dark hair and familiar pale blue eyes pushed through the small crowd that had gathered, a boy with dark hair and dark eyes following her, glasses perched precariously on his nose.

(AN: Imagine Skandar Keynes with glasses)

Emma warily lowered her weapon.
"She's infected, Doc. There's nothing we can do for her," Vince tried to explain.

A pleasant smile grew on the woman's face.
"No, but he can. Hello, Thomas."

"What? You know me?"

"Interesting. It makes sense they'd put you in the Maze." Kneeling down by the unconscious Brenda, she took the girls pulse while the boy who had come with her carefully and gently inspected the bite.
"Though I must admit...I was worried they'd kill you after what you did."

"Wha-what I did......?"

"The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore...watching your friends die, one by one."

A memory tickled at the back of Emma's brain.
Thomas's distraught after seeing Emma, when she thought Newt had died. Her anger at Teresa.

".......the last time we spoke....you gave me the coordinates of every WICKED compound, trial and lab."

"He was our source," Vince stated solemnly, seeming kind of shocked that a kid so young could've done something so big.

"We couldn't have pulled all this off without him. Take her to the tent," the Doctor instructed. "And get these guys some warm clothes."

Jorge and the boy who seemed to be the Doctors assistant began carrying Brenda to a long gray tent.

"Hey, it's the least we can do," she said as Jorge quietly thanked her when they passed.
"Thomas, come on. I need to get some blood from you."

As the Doctor and Thomas followed after Brenda and the boy, Emma couldn't help but watch as the four of them disappeared behind the long canvas flaps of the tent.
The doctor and that boy were so familiar, but she couldn't quite place them.
Her memory had so many holes in it, and even though it felt like they were slowly returning, it wasn't enough to fill in all the blanks.

"Love, you alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'm okay."

I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, but I just couldn't resist adding in that Dean Winchester quip.

Emma is sort of like the female version of Dean in some ways, so it fits.

Please tell me if you liked this chapter and what you liked, I'm not so sure about it

And if you liked it, please vote.🙂🌟