Chapel master Andonil Wehe (1)

"Chapel master, what do I owe the honor of your visit?" Faked King Mendebal a smile, not happy to see this fool of a Chapel master.

A lot even claim that the master isn't worthy of his title but what can King Mendebal say about that?

Furthermore the King simply can't break relation with the Hajuk religious organization just yet, not with underpopulation remaining as a strong problem so he has to remain mild-mannered.

"Don't japer around Mendebal, it's clear why I'm here." Chapel master Andonil raised his voice as he bashed the dining table with his fist, forcing a silver goblet of ale close to his hands, spill.

The King didn't react to it and two maids cleaned up the mess in a matter of seconds, glaring at The Chapel master as if they were seeing a wild boar.

The intensity of the situation was made clear the moment of which the Chapel master's assistant started ordering everyone around, yet King Mendebal plays dumb, it is no doubt nerve wrecking for Andonil at least.

The maids however along with King Mendebal are enjoying the show but the Chapel Master's tone switched soft once returning his attention towards the hot meal in front.

The delicate aroma of lamb stew, went through his nose the moment he walked in the dining room.

Once taking a whiff of the delicious lamb stew, Andonil remembered why food is better than a healthy attractive body shape.

This is how people of high importance are waited by the richer or royal. A nice hot meal is given as they assert the requests, offers, orders, etc.

"Oh, you are here because of the Bear bloods?" Replied King Mendebal casually as he sipped on his silver goblet full of ale.

Still sticking to his mockeries, the King thinks, "If I can't behead this fat fool, I should at least kill his nerves."

Starting the topic which everyone in this room expected, Andonil cites. "Why else would I be here? Letting those slaves live is your biggest mistake ever Mendebal! Do you realize what it will do to the Hajuk? Our organization will look like Jesters!"

The Hajuk have a 1,500 year old history of 'battling demons', humans with powers are usually labelled with that title thanks to the pure fact of being abnormal.

And now how will the few believers here in Hawk city react when they see the Chapel letting 'demons' publicly live here?

It would be even worse when the word spreads to other cities and towns.

It certainly won't lead to more random people devoting their lives to fighting demons for the Hajuk, it can slow down the new recruits count.

"I don't see how it can harm the Hajuk, the Bear bloods are slaves after all and are forced to fight or die." Placed King Mendebal his goblet of Ale on the dining table, causing a bit of a bang.

The dining table is 4 meters long and 2 meters wide, filled with all sorts of expensive food, meat of many sorts of course being the most expensive. Animal products in general are rare here, therefore expensive. Heck, there is brown bear meat on the table.

"You should have cut their heads off the moment you discovered that they have powers Mendebal! Them publicly wielding their powers in the Arena will make our organization look worthless." Hollered Chapel master Andonil while there is still food in his mouth.

Although it didn't bother the King, maids from a distance who were waiting to serve, felt like hissing at this man.

Knowing how to counter such a claim, expecting it actually, Mendebal weighs in another perspective. "On the contrary, they will make me, they will make us, very wealthy which will only benefit the Hajuk."

King Mendebal reached for a boiled egg earlier and is now consuming it, let's say he prefers them above meat often, mostly depending on the mood.

But furthermore, he noticed that many of the richer have pot bellies because they eat meat on an almost daily basis. Although the rumour about meat causing such potbellies were facts not to be taken seriously by most, he still doesn't want to take the risks.

Noticing King Mendebal's clear disagreement to get rid of these Bear bloods, the Chapel master decided to set for more threatening measures as one of the final resorts. "Mendebal, you are ordered by us, the Hajuk, to get rid of them. Otherwise the consequences will be irreversible."

But to his surprise, King Mendebal's facial expressions remained calm. Mendebal's ego would be clearly hurt when this Hajuk fool dished out yet another order of which Mendebal is 'required' to follow. Even one of the two maids wore a confused face, this is not his usual behaviour.

Mendebal, for the first time, seemed prepared and started leading the conversation with a confident tone.

"No no." Raised King Mendebal his forefinger and wiggled it infront of Andonil, gesturing with disagreement. "Our peace treaty simply claims that Hawk city should pay a tax of 1,000 gold coins to the Hajuk Chapel each month, with an additional bonus of 2,000 gold coins at the end of each year."

Looking at the Chapel master who is awaiting for the further claims towards this subject, with a rather uncomfortable facial expression.

Landing the finishing blow, using laws and agreements to his utmost advantage, Mendebal weighs in. "As long as Hawk city pays the tax, your 'suggestions' can be simply ignored."