Chapter 16: Spirit of Naboris

No matter what Zelda does, she can never wake up earlier than Link.

She glared at Link while on bed, covered by a blanket, and half asleep. Link was fully awake, ready to go, checking through their stuff.

Link could feel the glares stabbing him. "Good morning," he said.

"Mmm." Zelda mumbled as a response.

"What's with the harsh morning treatment?"

"One day I will wake up earlier than you..."

"Oh yeah?" Link smirked.

"Yeah... And once I do, I'll surprise you... With neatly prepared clothes... And warmly cooked breakfast..."

"As much as I'm looking forward to it, you first gotta figure out how to resist the bed," he said jokingly.

That comment stabbed Zelda. "I... can... get up..." She said as she struggled to push herself up from the bed.

Link sighed. "Don't force yourself. Besides, I'm subjected to a great view of you sleeping."

"Huh?"

"You don't realize how cute you are when you sleep?"

She blushed. But it also popped an idea in her mind. "Exactly that!" She said, "I wanna see your sleeping face!"

"Eh?"

"That's it. Tomorrow I'm waking up earlier than you!"

Link chuckled. "Good luck."

An hour later, Zelda got fully prepared, and Link put on his disguise. They checked out of the hotel and walked around town.

"Do you want to head straight to the chief or explore the town first?" Link asked Zelda.

"Let's explore first!" She said excitedly.

"Alright then."

And explored they did. They walked around the bazaar, visiting every shop there is. Zelda for the first time tried the most pungent fruit in all of Hyrule: the Hearty Durian, bought from Lorn. To Link's surprise, Zelda took a huge liking to it. She gobbled over half of the fruit herself.

Then they visited Starlight Memories, Gerudo Town's jewelry shop. The display of various beautifully designed jewelries caught Zelda's eye.

When Isha saw Zelda's face, she immediately made her try the jewelries. Zelda made Link choose which one to pick. As hesitant as he was, he chose a pair of Topaz Earrings, as the yellow matches Zelda's hair.

After that, they walked across the bazaar to Fashion Passion. There was displaying a set of Gerudo outfit outside, similar to the ones they were wearing. Zelda asked Saula what was in the building.

"That doorway isn't for customers, actually... If you're a member, please head around to the door on the side." She said, but whispered the second sentence.

Link took Zelda to where Saula was talking about. He said a set of words in front of the door, and it opened for them.

They walked into a dimly lit room. Further in, Greta greeted them. "Welcome to the secret club. Oh, it's you, Link. You brought a friend?" Greta examined Zelda. "Hm, this one is an actual vai."

Zelda gasped. "You know Link is a man, too?"

"It was quite obvious to me. Anyway, take a look around. We sell outfits seen almost nowhere else."

Zelda looked at the Desert Voe set on the mannequins. "This is your outfit?" She asked him.

"Yep. I bought mine here."