Chapter 8: Cave of the Spring of Power

[Day 12]
The sun rose, and as usual, Link woke much earlier than Zelda.

By 7 (according to the Slate), Zelda has woken. Link was outside sitting by the cooking pot, sketching.

Zelda dangled her legs off the bed, sitting, yawning and stretching. She stood up, and walked to him. She also rubbed her eyes.

Link heard her footsteps, turned his head a bit. Zelda squatted, wrapped her arms around his neck, laying her head on it as well.

"Good morning, Zel." Link greeted.

"Good morning, Linkie." She replied sleepily.

He giggled at what she called him. "You had a good sleep, Zellie?"

She smiled too. "Yeah. It was nice." She peeked at his sketches. She can identify some figures. Some of the Champions, panoramas of Hyrule. But mostly....her?

At the corners of each page there's a small sketch of Zelda. Her face, her hair, her eyes...

Her eyes widened and her face turned red. But not because of the morning chill. "Are those...me?"

"Yes. What do you think?" Link showed it to her.

"It's... Really good. I didn't know you sketch." She flipped a few pages.

"I can do a lot more things than just swinging swords."

Zelda lightly slapped his shoulder. "Show off. Me too, you know."

They chuckled at each other.

"You should get prepared. We're heading to the Spring today." Link switched the topic.

"But I'm still sleepy..." Zelda laid her head on his shoulder.

Link grabbed her hands which were hanging over his shoulders, and stood up. Zelda shrieked in a good way, and Link started spinning quickly with Zelda on his back. Link laughed.

"Whooooaaaaaa! Alright alright! I'll get prepared! Just put me dowwwwwnnnn!" Zelda shouted while giggling at the same time.

Link put her down, and she fixed her nightgown.

~∆∆∆~

By 8, they departed to the Spring of Power.

They went down the west path, the one that goes through Shadow Pass, aka the same path they went through. Though in the middle, they took a right turn to the Ordorac Quarry.

As soon as they reached there, they were greeted by...some Guardians.

A pack of Guardian Skywatchers ready to make anyone who sees them running for the hills. Even worse, if the Guardians sees them.

"This land is packed with Guardians," Zelda complained, "I can't stand it."

They were hiding behind a hill, away from their sight.

"I've defeated them before, but the Blood Moon just keeps resurrecting them. What a bother," Link added. "We can just go through the north, and enter through the exposed roof of the Spring, or just teleport in there."

"There's a shrine there?"

"There's a shrine at every spring."

Zelda suddenly punched the ground. "No! I'll not allow the Malice to continue roaming our land! Let's destroy them!" Zelda stood up. Her eyes are filled with determination.