Chapter 9

Some time passed, maybe days, or even weeks, but Kosa still did not want to go out of the den. Nala always invited her to the hunt and to go to the water hole, but Kosa's excuse was that she wasn't feeling well. She would never feel well. The only thing she was looking forward too was the reunions she had with Simba, were he told her everything that happened in the kingdom and she got the chance to think of other things than her life. With everyone else, she avoided eye contact, and every time that someone was going to give her a message, she would hear it, but never looked at the animal.

Simba took this reunions to his advantage. His plans were working perfectly. He just needed some more time so he could talk with Nala. He needed a queen that would bear him cubs soon in order to secure the throne, and Kosa was the best candidate. He knew that she was still grieving for everything that happened, but he also wanted to know how her reaction would be when he told her to be his new queen. He decided to talk with Akili again.

"It's working perfectly" Simba said, getting excited. Akili sighed. Simba noticed the change in mood and stood silent.

"Be careful Simba. Not everything will come out as you think. You told me she wasn't even looking at you with those eyes. Plus, she is Nala's best friend-"

"Yes, I know that. But she doesn't want to talk to anyone except me. Even Nala doesn't get worried about what could happen inside the den." Simba finished and looked at the ground, pushing a little rock that was in front of him.

"What's on your mind now"

"I don't have to tell Nala. I can force Kosa to be my queen. I know I love Nala, but she must understand this"
"That will definitely not work! Simba, are you even hearing yourself? You are going to ruin your best friend and the love of your life, the one that every lioness in the kingdom looks upon. You are getting yourself at war"

"Pffff- that won't happen. Everyone needs to understand that I need to do this in order for the Pride Lands to be safe" and with that, Simba went back to his pride, leaving Akili in the same spot, petrified by his sudden ambition.

Simba returned to the den, and he had the perfect plan portrayed in his mind. He just needed Kosa to listen.

"Your condition will worsen with that conduct" Simba said when he entered the den. "Someone as lovely as you should be out hunting, helping her sisters and having fun. Not that you cannot have fun inside..."

"Speaking of which, when are you and Nala going to have cubs?" Kosa asked, since she already felt comfortable with Simba. He just grunted, seeing how she innocently ignored his flirtation.

"You know, when she lets me"

"She doesn't want?" Kosa remembered the subject that she and Nala were talking near the water hole that night, but it seemed so long ago. Simba was approaching her, and she noticed that he had that precious smirk of his. 'What am I thinking?'. She needed to say something before she got distracted by him. Since apparently Nala hadn't said anything about the subject, she decided to say it herself. "What if she can't have?"

Simba looked horror struck with this question. He sat directly in front of Kosa.

"I wouldn't think that, I mean, we have tried" he chuckled a little, while looking at Kosa with his signature grin "but it makes sense, since she hasn't had any losses"

As if on cue, Nala entered the den, but she seemed exhausted. After saying hello, she went to the back of the den and took a comfortable place to fall asleep.

"Maybe you two should talk about it, now that you are more mature and are looking forward to that" Kosa suggested.

"I would try" and with that Kosa left them.

'She got away' he thought, but remembered what Akili told him. 'You should talk it with Nala'. He didn't want to, so instead he decided to go lay next to her. He went next to Nala, who was soundly asleep, and started kissing her back. Nala woke up and noticed that Simba was the one doing it, and immediately let him take her.