Dark Solutions

Belllatrix both lost and caught her breath by the fifth floor of the grand staircase. Rodolphus' words echoed in her mind and she couldn't shake herself free of them. Maybe this Dark Arts club was the best thing, that way she could use as many Unforgivable Curses it took to get Rodolphus' touch out of her mind. Bella cringed.

Her first session was in the library which meant just a quiet two hours of attempting to study and trying to fight the raging battle inside of her: go to the Leaders of Darkness meeting or not?

Through gritted teeth she said the password to the library portrait and walked through into the quiet space of the library. The silence and smell of old books and dust had never calmed her down more.

Flipping through a roll of parchment, Bella realized that she might as well hunt for transfiguration book McGonagall suggested she try to help her study among the bookshelves. The packed shelves might help her forget her numerous problems.

Scouring the many spines it was nearly impossible to see 'From Whistles to Watches' anywhere. Bellatrix was about to give up when a book whizzed past her nose and started to fly like a bird through the air. That book, coincidentally, was 'From Whistles to Watches'. Perfect. Now Bella needed to chase a flying book through the library. She could not catch a break.

Half-heartedly she chased the book to the back corners of the book shelves. At this point Bellatrix didn't really care if she caught it.

A joyous surprise caught her off guard as a pair of hands pulled her out of her path to catch the transfiguration book and into a nearby alcove of near-untouched books and magazines. It was dark and dusty but Bella could recognize the twinkling midnight eyes and exhaled shortly.

"Miss me?" Ethan said playfully. He kissed her fully on the lips and held Bella's hands in his until they were sweaty.

Realizing they were in a public space, Bella pulled away quickly.

"No! Not here, anyone could see" She looked around quickly and took a step back from her boyfriend.

"Come on, Bella... no one's going to see us..." Ethan tilted Bellatrix's chin back so that she could look him in the eyes. He then continued kissing her, hot and heavy.

She pulled back. A shocked look on her face. But it wasn't for long as Ethan forcefully pushed her head back to his so that their lips smashed together once again.

"Ethmm!" Bellatrix tried to shout his name against his mouth but Ethan was too busy bearing down upon her lips with his. He refused to budge.

With a hand like lightning, Bella slapped him hard across the face. That did it. Ethan pulled back and at first looked surprised, embarrassed. That faded quickly and turned to anger.

"What the hell?!" he said mildly loudly, but the words stung still. It was like he had thrown them in her face.

"What do you mean? You were pushing me!" The conversation was difficult to have in full as they were trying not to be noticed. Everything had to be said in hissed whispers.

Ethan looked shocked, "I thought you... wanted to..."

"Not. Here" Bella said through gritted teeth. And with that she turned abruptly on her heel and stormed away, the transfiguration book completely forgotten.

***

Bellatrix sobbed into her soft pillow. Two people in one day had tried to take advantage of her and she was not happy about it. She would curse them half to death if she didn't feel so pathetic right now. It was no use anyway, Bella felt like her whole world was collapsing. Everything was getting so difficult. Her sister being with this group that could get her expelled, Ethan torturing her with his good-guy/bad-guy play and them constantly having to see each in secret and finally a person form her past that Bella had done her best to forget was forcing his way back into her life. By any means necessary.