three

[ THE GUARDIAN ]

➣ [ THE GUARDIAN ] ➣

— ➣ —

"IT CERTAINLY HAS," he said.

She could feel his eyes land on her disheveled appearance. Before he could comment something sarcastic, perhaps mocking, she pointed an accusing finger at his face that stood nearly a foot above her's. "Don't even think about it." A chuckle, so light she thought she'd imagined it.

Gazing up at him, the familiarity of him after so long away made that small part of her that had been screaming and clawing at her chest to go home to the Winchesters, Castiel and Jack, quiet just a little. The odd feeling of relief reminded her of their first meeting. Less than pleasant, but memorable nonetheless.

December 4, 1980
11:05 PM

The tears hadn't stopped as Arya Warner still clutched onto Noah Baker's cold hand. Blood stained the white carpet, the boy's shirt, the once pristine gold ring around the girl's finger now tainted an ugly bronze as it dried on her hand. There were scorch marks burnt into the cream walls where the two murders had stood. Their physical bodies and wings alike mere dust from the overwhelming power that erupted from the young girl.

She didn't care about any of it. Her body shook from the overwhelming grief and poison that she prayed would take her out of this nightmare.

She was alone. So utterly alone.

The two people she cared for the most were dead because of her. It was her fault. She deserved the pain the dreamroot brought. Maybe, she thought, maybe if she went through this pain, she'd get to see them again when it eventually stopped her heart.

"Arya Warner," a voice called out through the eerily quiet house.

She didn't bother to move as light footsteps approached the hunched over girl. Tears slipped down her face as her heart strings pulled and tugged as anguish ripped through her being like tidal waves in a hurricane.

"If you're here to gloat, angel, there's no need," her throat screamed in protest as her mind began to fog over, effects of the spreading poison. "You made your point. You'll get what you want."

"I'm no angel," the being said gently as clothing rustled to her right and a grey mass settled next to her, crouching. "My name is Doyal, I'm here to—"

"I don't care," Arya spat, not bothering to look over. It didn't matter if it was a monster, a human or anything in between she was done. Black veins had spread to the base of her neck, revealed for the being beside her to see. They pushed further with every desperate beat of her heart as it tried it's hardest to keep her alive despite her pleas.