six

[ TEENAGE NECROMANCY ]

➣ [ TEENAGE NECROMANCY ] ➣

— ➣ —

IT'S BEEN TWO weeks since Arya Warner was brought back to life. Two weeks since she came home and she loved it.

She tried not to think too much about the time she spent in that state between life and death. Limbo is what she was calling it. It worried her to think that if one day she did die for good, she'd go back to that strange, almost sleep-like state.

"Alright over there?" Marran called over to her.

Arya blinked, remembering that her friend was sitting on a bed in a room that had been used as a sort of medical space for injured hunters. She had her back turned to the woman because she had just healed a rather large gash in her side and was now getting her some pain medication.

"Sorry," the brunette turned with a smile, holding out some water and two pills. "I'm alright."

Marran hummed, not believing her in the slightest.

"I've been meaning to ask," Arya started, cleaning up the bloody bandages she'd removed from the woman's abdomen. "What...what happened to Noah and Diana? They're not dead and they're obviously not here so...?"

Marran sighed deeply, shoulders slumping.

"I just wanna know if they're safe." Arya defended her question.

"I know."

There was a moment of silence and Arya held her breath. She wanted to see them (more so Diana, but she couldn't see one without the other) and at least let them know she was alive, but another part of her knew staying away was the best option for their safety. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if someone hurt them because of her.

"They left. I don't know where. Noah cut off all communication about a week after you...yeah."

"And?"

Marran chuckled dryly. "Nothing gets past you huh?"

Arya only watched the blonde woman expectantly.

"Joseph and I tracked them down when we realized he wasn't gonna contact us. They...they have a nice house and Diana started school a few months ago."

Arya's lips pressed together, blinking rapidly.

"So does Diana...?"

"Yeah, she thinks you're still dead. I...I haven't tried to tell them yet." Marran watched her reaction carefully as she admitted her actions. "Joseph and I agreed it was for the best."