eleven

[ UNEASE ]

➣ [ UNEASE ] ➣

— ➣ —

ARYA SAT NEXT to Jack, her head laying on her crossed arms that rested against the cold metal table. Her eyes were shut, but she wasn't asleep.

"Are you sure you don't want a bowl?" Jack whispered, mouth full of the cereal he'd snagged for their midnight snack.

She waved a dismissive hand. "No thanks. I'm not that hungry."

Without opening her eyes, she knew Jack was giving her a look. And she appeared to be right when she opened one eye, revealing his pinched brows and worried blue eyes.

"I'm fine, Jack," she whined. "I'll tell you if I'm hungry, pinky promise." She held out her hand, pinky outstretched. It was childish, but a promise was a promise.

He'd been on her ass lately because she hadn't been eating as much. She blamed it on the stress.

"Okay..." he trailed off, deciding not to push it as they interlocked pinkies. He didn't let go though and neither did she. They let their hands rest on the table while Jack continued to eat his bowl of cereal.

The light flicking on made Arya shoot up, laughing nervously when she saw Castiel standing in the doorway.

"Don't tell Sam," Jack rushed out.

"It's the middle of the night you two," Castiel scolded, walking into the kitchen and sitting at the table with them.

"Ah, I know. Couldn't wait till breakfast," he said. "Sam says this stuff will rot your teeth, but..."

"It's worth it," Arya shrugged with a smile.

Jack looked over at her, smiling. "Yeah, it's good."

Silence fell over them, and Jack took another bite. Arya took the chance and yawned, making a show of stretching her arms over her head.

"Well...I'm tired. I'm gonna head to bed."

Jack kissed her cheek. "Sweet dreams."

"Goodnight," Castiel nodded with a kind smile.

Arya nodded once then faked another yawn before walking out and dropping the sleepy facade. Truthfully, she felt...odd spending time with Jack now that he was back from the dead. It was like spending time with a ghost. She found it hard to look at his face for too long, but when he held her hand, she couldn't make herself let go.