"Who said we had to stay here?"

"And what if my parents come in to see I'm gone?"

I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. "Do your parents actually check on you at night anymore?"

"With my luck, the one time I do something I shouldn't would be the one time they decide to do something different."

"There is no fun in life if you don't risk anything." I said, looking at him with a childish grin.

He stared down at me for a moment, looking deep in thought. Not long after, he glanced back at his bedroom door, then pointed at me with a stern look. "Fine, but I'm not drinking and if you start getting loud, I will shove you out this window."

"Deal." I nodded. I picked the bottle back up from the cold ground and placed it on Ethan's desk next to the window. As Ethan locked his door, I pulled myself through his window with anything but ease. I managed to get through without knocking anything over, but it was still anything but graceful.

Quietly, I close his window and left it unlocked in case I need to leave in a hurry.

"You think we should end the call or keep going?" I asked, sitting on his desk with the bottle in hand.

"You realize there is a chair right there, right?" Ethan giggled.

I gave a brief look to the wooden chair placed just by my feet. "It's a footrest now."

He shook his head, falling back onto his bed.

"You didn't answer my question." I mentioned.

"Oh, I don't know. It's up to you, I guess."

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I pressed the red button to end the call. "My Ethan bar is full, I don't need to talk to you again for a while." I joked.

"Then why are you here?"

I shrugged. "I said I don't need to talk to you. Not that I didn't want to."

Ethan grinned at me for a moment.

He sat up again. "You have that list on you?" He asked.

Leaning on one side, I felt my back pocket to see if it was there. Thankfully, the beat up paper grazed across my finger. I pulled it out and extended my arm to Ethan.

He grabbed a pen off from his bedside table and unfolded the paper. Looking over it, he crossed something off with a satisfied grin. "You have officially broken a world record."

I smiled at him. "What next?"

As he carefully read over the bulleted list with a concentrated brow, I decided now was a good time to start the celebration. Quietly, I open the bottle with ease. Holding the bottle by the neck, I tilt my head back slightly and shove a couple gulps down my throat. The alcohol burned my throat, but not as much as it used to.

With the medication, I shouldn't be drinking. It could mess some things up, make me feel worse, blah, blah, blah. It's not like I cared. 11%. I'm going to die anyway, why should I care what affects it will have on me?

"Build a fort." Ethan spoke. "Number eight: build a fort. We should do that one."

I nodded in agreement.

"Not right now, though." Ethan continued, looking around his slightly messy room. A couple articles of clothing were thrown into a corner by the door, the shelf full of video games was all but organized, what looked like notes for a class was slightly crumpled on the floor in the middle of the room, and an empty cereal bowl sat (not so secretly) on his bedside table. "We'd just have to take it right back down."