part thirty seven

Start from the beginning

"It was a mistake and I'm apologizing for it. Take it or leave it." he shakes his head, clearly annoyed with me and begins to walk away.

"Jerk." I mumble under my breath, making him turn back around.

His lips were parted and he just stared at me. He looked angry, but he was trying to suppress it.

I widen my eyes as I almost instantly regret what I said.

"Harry-"

"I'm going out. Dunno when I'll be back." he says, picking up his jacket and heading for the door.

"Harry, wait." I walk after him, but before I could get another word out, he slams the door closed as he leaves.

I felt sick to my stomach as he slammed the door in my face. I stood there, frozen in place feeling my heart break.

I knew he was most likely only going to one of the guys' places...but it still hurt to know that I'm the reason he left.

I only got angry with him because I was scared. I thought I might've lost him and I didn't have any way of knowing.

-

He's been gone all day.

He texted me once, telling me that he was okay. It was very cold and brief. I could tell that my comment hurt him.

I toss and turn in my bed, unable to sleep. I don't think I'd get any rest unless I knew he was here. I just wanted to talk to him...to hear his voice. The last thing I wanted to do with Harry was fight.

As I turn to my side, I hear the front door open...followed by loud steps.

I sit up and check the time. It was midnight.

Harry had come back.

I had a mental debate with myself about whether or not I should go and talk to him. Eventually, I got out of bed and headed downstairs. I wanted to see him before we went to sleep on a bad note.

The light from the kitchen was on, so I figured that he was in there.

"Harry?" I say softly, tip-toeing into the kitchen.

He leaned against the island, rubbing his temples. When he heard my voice, he looked up and shot me a bright, toothy smile. I instantly became confused, as we were fighting a few hours ago. Maybe he just needed space. Maybe he was better now.

"Hey baby." he slurs his words.

He's drunk.

He brings himself towards me and stands right in front of me, looking down at my face. I could smell the alcohol on him.

"You got drunk?" I ask, but not with the same angry tone from before.

"Mhm." he smirks. His hand comes up to tuck a lose strand of hair behind my ear. "You're so pretty." he mumbles under his breath.

"Harry, why?" I say, referring to his drinking,

He takes his hand away and looks at me with a puzzled expression.

"Why what?" he asks.

"Why did you get drunk?"

"Oh. 'Cause you called me a jerk." he says. His words were jumbled and he was slurring them extensively.

I felt my heart get jabbed a little, knowing that he poisoned his body because of me.

"That's not the way you should deal with it." I shake my head.