We make it to their settlement. It's covered by huge walls. We go inside and the place is huge. There are houses everywhere it looks like a town from the Wild West. There were people everywhere, they were either walking around, working on the wall, or just talking to each other.

Zack: "Come on, let's talk to the leader. I think you're the last person we're gonna be taking in because we don't have a lot of space anymore".

Y/N: "Ok".

They lead me to the front of one of the houses. Joseph leaves to go somewhere else and Zack goes up to the door to knock on it. After a few seconds a man comes out of the house. He is average height, he's bald and he's wearing a black T-shirt with some sweatpants. Weird outfit to wear in the apocalypse but no ones judging. He was already sending off weird vibes. He speaks up.

???: "Hey Zack. Who's this?".

Zack: "This is Y/N. We found him on his own and took him in".

???: "Well you won't have to go scouting anymore since we don't have a lot of space".

Zack: "I know I just told him about that".

???: "Anyways, Excuse my rudeness. I haven't introduced myself. My names Jack. So you're all by yourself?"

Y/N: "Nice to meet you. Yeah I've been alone for a year now".

Jack: "Damn wish you had a girl with you".

Y/N: "Huh?"

Jack: "Oh nothing. Let me go see where you can stay, I'll be right back".

Jack enters the house he was in. About five minutes later he comes back out.

Jack: "Well it looks like we don't have anymore space so you're going to have to share a house with Leslie".

Y/N: "Uh whose Leslie?"

Jack: "That girl right over there".

He says pointing behind me. I turn around and see he's pointing at a girl leaning on a pole with her arms crossed. (You can make her look however you want, this just how I will see her). She has straight black hair that goes five inches below her shoulders. She has brown eyes that put me in a trance for a couple of seconds. She's wearing a crop top hoodie which looks really good on her and some black jeans with long combat boots. She has a pistol strapped on her hip and a combat knife on her other hip.

Y/N: "Damn she looks pretty. Wait no shut the fuck up you don't even know her. Well let's get to know her".

Jack notices you're staring.

Jack: "She's pretty eh?"

I look at him with a confused face. This man looks like he's forty years old and Leslie looks about my age.

Y/N: "What?"

Jack: "You heard me. Just don't try nothing stupid. We don't need anymore kids. Go say hi".

Jack walks away. Somethings fishy about him. I go back to staring like a weirdo. She turns and looks at me. I look away quickly and feel my face become hot. She turns around and heads inside what looks like her house. Well our house now. Shit I sound like a commie. I walk over to the house she entered. I stand there for a couple of seconds before i knock on the door. She opens and I stare into her eyes forgetting what I was there for.

Leslie: "Uh Hello?"

I snap out of my trance a respond to her.

Y/N: "Oh uh hi. Sorry about that just day dreaming".

Leslie: "What do you want?"

Y/N: "Oh well you see, I'm new here and Jack told me that they don't have anymore space and that I would have to share a house with you".

She gives a disgusted look when I mentioned Jack. Then her eyes widen when I mention that I would be staying with her.

Leslie: "Oh uh ok. Come in then".

I nod and walk in. I look around and the house is decent sized. It's got a lot of furniture. It feels very home-like.

Leslie: "So uh your new here?"

Y/N: "Yeah just got here about an hour ago".

Leslie: "Oh ok. Well let's talk tomorrow, it's pretty late and I'm trying to go to sleep".

Y/N: "Yeah ok. Um where do I sleep?

Leslie: "Uh follow me".

She leads me to a hallway. There are four doors. One of the doors are open, I think that's her room. She opens the door in front of the one that's open already.

Leslie: "You can stay in this room".

The room is pretty small. There's a bed and a closet to the left and a wardrobe in front of the bed, and a nightstand next to the bed. Not bad, better than sleeping outside or in a shit smelling room.

Y/N: "Nice".

Leslie: "If you need anything my room is right in front of this one".

Y/N: "Ok thanks".

She nods and exits the room as she closes the door. I put all my stuff down and lay on the bed. It's soft but not too soft. Still better than the floor. As I lay there I get drowsy and instantly fall asleep.