02 +

loser

Soon enough, the introductory video had ended and some under-paid teen was droning on about the safety rules and reminders of the waiver they had all signed.

Michael stood lazily next to Ami, his head titled slightly, his gaze focused mindlessly on the floor. He didn't seem to have a care; he was standing beside a pretty girl, after all.

Ami, on the other hand, was beyond uncomfortable. She had about as much common sense as a lemon, so when Michael came and stood next to her, she assumed the worst -- that he was planning to attack her, or something along the lines. She was too naive to think that maybe, he was trying to flirt with her.

As soon as the gate to the equipment room opened, Michael rushed out of the room, closely following the crowd of people.

Ami stayed a bit behind him, hoping that she'd lose him in the dark and that he wouldn't be able to see her if she stayed out of his sight.

And she almost got away with it.

Just before Michael stepped through the doors to get his vest, he grinned and turned back around, motioning for Ami to follow him. "Come on, I don't have all day to kick your ass."

Now, Ami could've ran straight out of that building if she had wanted Michael to leave her alone so badly, but secrelty -- she didn't. She didn't realize it herself, but something in the odd boy's smile had her pulled in tight, despite his attitude and weird hair.

Ami rolled her eys and fought a smile, jogging up to be equal with Michael. "So this is a competition now, is it?"

Michael smirked, walking into the room and picking a set that consisted of a gun and a sensor-covered vest. "Of course, Sweetheart."

Ami crossed her arms over her chest, planting her feet firmly beside Michael. "I think that's dumb, and I don't want to play games."

Michael scoffed, rolling his eyes and pushing a suit roughly towards Ami. "I think you need to worry a little bit less."

Ami reluctanty slipped the vest on. "So, if I do play -- which I'm not saying I will -- what's the catch?"

Michael scrunched his nose, titling his head to the side. "Catch?"

"Yeah," Ami said in an obvious tone, this time being the one to roll their eyes. "You seem like the type to have a catch."

Michael placed a hand over his hearty dramatically. "I'm offended, Sweetheart. I wasn't thinking anything of the sort," Michael batted his eyelashes innocently, "But if you insist, then a catch there will be."

All Ami could think was 'shit, shit, shit.' for her short thinking had landed her in yet another avoidable situation.

"The catch," Michael began, walking towards the exit to have the uninterested boy scan his vest. "Is up to the winner."

"What?" Ami stopped in her tracks, pulling Michael's shoulder to cease his steps.

"What do you mean 'what?'" Michael rolled his eys, slowly turning towards Ami. "It's simple. If I win, I get something of my choice, no questions asked. If you win, same goes for you."

"But you'll win!" Ami cried out, throwing her hands into the air frustratedly.

"Exactly." Michael winked.

They walked forward a few steps, nearing the front of the line.

"I don't like this." Ami stated, crossing her arms over her chest, a reflex she had built over the years when she was unsure of something.

"Aw, poor baby," Michael cooed, pinching Ami's cheeks.

Her face flushed red, and she rushed to swat his hands away. "I'm serious, Michael."

Michael's breathing hitched softly for a moment, because the beautiful girl in front of him had said his name for the first time. He couldn't help his odd reaction, she was that intriguing to him.

"So am I." He recovered quickly, hoping he hadn't spaced out for too long.

"What if you kidnap me?" Ami blurted out, quickly regretting her words as she realized how rude it might've sounded.

"I may be a nineteen year old loser," Michael began, grinning at himself. "But I'm no kidnapper."

"That's so reassuring." Ami sarcastically replied, rolling her eyes.

They suddenly stopped talking, as it was Michael's turn to get his vest scanned.

He moved on quickly, standing at the other end of the thick flourescent pink line on the floor, smirking at Ami through the dim lighting.

Ami visibly gulped, making Michael chuckle under his breath.

This was going to be fun.

-

i literally wrote this in ten minutes so 20 brownie points for jay!!

comment if you like this comment if you hate it comment if you love it idk man just comment

i hope that you had a really great week so far, bc those are cool

i love youU