08+

loser

Ami was awoken the next morning earlier than she would've liked, around eight. There was a loud pounding on her front door, startling her out of her light slumber.

She laid for a few moments, staring at the door and trying to mentally make whoever was on the other side leave her to a few more hours of rest. Of course, that didn't work and the knocking only got louder with time.

"I'm coming!" She called, tying her hair in a high ponytail and yawning on her way to the door.

She opened it to reveal a smiling Michael, wearing a beanie and his My Little Pony pajamas.

"Wow," Ami gasped mockingly, "I need to take some serious fashion advice from you."

"Obviously," Michael joked, rolling his eyes at Ami's sweatpants.

She pouted, crossing her arms. "I can shut the door on you right this second."

Michael grinned, reaching his arms out towards her. "I was only kidding, Ami. You're always beautiful."

She blushed, staring down at her fuzzy cow socks. "Thank you."

"Of course, cutie," Michael giggled, bopping her nose and walking past her into the kitchen.

She skipped behind him, peering over his shoulder at her cereal cabinet. "What's your favorite?"

"Cinnamon Toast Crunch." Michael smiled, looking down at her and her messy hair. Not a second went by where he didn't think about how beautiful she was, in every way.

She scrunched up her nose, shaking her head. "Lucky Charms are better."

He shrugged, still smiling at her. "Agree to disagree."

Ami laughed, slightly leaning into him. "Sure."

She walked over to the fridge, grabbing a carton of milk and walking to the kitchen island.

Just as she was about to pour it into her cereal, Michael grabbed it from her hands, spilling its contents ((what even @me)) into his own breakfast.

"Excuse you," Ami scoffed, "It wasn't your turn, you asshole."

"This asshole might just keep the milk all to himself after that little comment," Michael teased Ami, holding the carton up in the air.

"Michael," Ami whined, jumping as high as she could and still missing.

"What?" He asked innocently, smiling.

"I want my cereal." She pouted, sticking out her bottom lip.

"Keep trying, short stack." Michael giggled, raising it higher.

"Please?" She asked, looking up at him.

His smile faltered for a moment, her pout almost making him give in.

"Nope."

"I'll do anything, I'm starved," Ami frowned, looking down at her stomach and rubbing it.

"Give me a kiss, then." Michael smirked, shaking the milk in the air.

Ami frowned some more, looking from the milk to Michael, and back again a few more times.

"Alright."

"Wait, what?" Michael asked, his eyes wide.

"I'll give you a kiss as long as you give me my milk." Ami confirmed, nodding her head once.

Michael tried to contain his smile, his heart beating out of his chest.

Ami stood up on her tiptoes, looking at Michael's giddy expression.