12+

loser

Nerves are odd.

They cause a hurricane of emotions to fall upon whoever is blessed with their presence, without good reason. Nerves paralyze some people, and are only a small thought to others.

People always say that you feel best once you've moved past your nerves, but how can you do so when it's constricting?

Each and every time Michael was around Ami, he was struck with nerves. They weren't just some mild case of butterflies, either. They were straight to the bone, one-hundred percent nerves.

To be quite honest, Michael wasn't sure why he felt this way, and why his emotions towards one girl had to be so strong.

In Michael's mind, it made no sense. He tried to excuse it as being scared to have to soon define what they were. He didn't want that yet though, he wanted to treat Ami the right way and take things slowly. 

He wanted to live within his paralyzing bubble of nerves with her by his side, taking her on well thought-out dates and strolls through the streets at midnight. He wanted to treat her right, even if it drove him mad.

There was nothing he would've wanted more than to ask her to be his girlfriend, but he felt like it just wasn't the right time. 

They had only met fairly recently, and had surprisingly grown close quite fast (not counting the period of time were Ami was resistent towards his charm). Michael knew that he wanted to call her his, but he felt that it was too soon.

On whose standards, he didn't know, but he didn't want to rush into anything and scare her away. Michael wanted to gage Ami's feelings as best as possible, and take it from there. He figured that their date later that night would be the perfect opportunity.

-

It was around 12 in the afternoon when he finally was able to pull himself out of his own thoughts and walk out of his room, into the living room where the rest of his friends were.

"What's good?" Michael yawned, sitting on top of Luke.

"Get off. You smell of sweat and desperation." Luke mumbled from under Michael's butt.

"Thanks, you too," Michael rolled his eyes, applying more pressure onto Luke's head.

Luke started yelling and thrashing, which broke Ashton's focus from the conversation which he had been holding with Calum.

"Hey, Michael! Get off of him, Jesus Christ." Ashton groaned, pulling Michael off of Luke.

Michael stood there giggling at Luke's flushed face and disheveled hair.

"Shut up," Luke scoffed, shoving Michael backwards. He didn't move at all though, since Luke wasn't very strong.

"Why are you out of your room anyways, it's not dark yet." Calum scoffed, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table and leaning back on the couch.

Michael rolled his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about. I get up before it's dark fairly often."

Calum raised his eyebrow.

"Okay sometimes!" Michael groaned dramatically.

"What is it?" Ashton sighed, knowing where this was headed. Michael never came out and socialized unless he wanted something from the other boys.

"What do you mean?" Michael played coy, turning his head to the side.

"Oh, please," Luke scoffed. "Just spit it out, Clifford."