Butterflies - h.a.

I apologize in advance for how rushed this is, but I really need to work on my new Umbrella Academy book, I've decided to publish the first part today. If you guys are interested in the Netflix original, "The Umbrella Academy," then you should go check it out. It's a Number Five oneshot book :) Catch ya later :^) 

Written: Monday, September 16th - 6:11 pm. 

Warnings: None

Word count: 453

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The garden had been gloomy ever since Fiona had went missing. 

So, today Faith decided to fix that. 

Together, her and Hugh were going to attempt to spread some light around the dark flowers.  

"Hugh! Hurry up! I don't want to waste all day, when we could be out there!" She shouted, knocking rapidly on the boy's door. 

He walked out, carrying himself in an awkward position as a few bees followed behind him, "I'm ready, let's go." 

When they arrived at the garden they gasped. Fiona had been gone for so long the flowers had lost their beautiful bright glow. 

Hugh's face dropped. He mumbled something along the lines of, "I miss her," and walked past the once perfect gate to the once calming garden. Faith followed him, getting a little too close and looking at him with frightened eyes as he brushed her away roughly and walked faster, putting unwanted space between them without a word. 

Faith walked up to him and tugged her overcoat tighter around her waist, shivering. The fog that  had settled in gave them both chills. 

"H-Hugh, can you please start?" 

Hugh nodded, opening his mouth and letting a large swarm of bees circle them as Faith's skirt flew up and her hair moved around her in waves. She smiled, letting out a smile of relief and calmness. 

Opening her eyes widely, Faith held out her hand, watching as a large flood of  butterflies erupted from her palm, flying through her bangs and twirling around Hugh and herself. Hugh watched in amazement, slightly walking closer to the shorter peculiar girl. 

"They're beautiful." He whispered, rubbing his thumb on her chin to wipe away a small drop of honey that had landed there when his bees had swarmed them. 

Faith whimpered a little in surprise, "Really?" she asked with a smile. 

The older boy nodded, finally closing the gap between the two and slowly moved his lips against hers, smiling into the kiss. 

She kissed back but pulled away after a few seconds, smiling widely. 

"Took you long enough," she said, looking into his eyes. 

He chuckled and kissed her forehead, grabbing her hand and pulling her through the, once again, breathtaking garden. With the combination of Hugh's bees and Faith's butterflies, they had fixed what was left broken.