...Ish

[Authornim: Hey, it's me!  Just wanted to let you know to take care of yourselves and stay at home as often as you can ^^ And while you're at home, enjoy this emotional roller coaster chapter muahahhahahah]

»»————- ☆ ————-««

Jungkook did not expect death to be so painless. Strangely, he could feel every part of his body as if he was still alive. He could still feel Taehyung's hands holding tightly to his. Wait, what?

The younger shot his eyes open. To his surprise, he was still alive at the vault room, not even a scratch damaged to the place. Turning his head, he saw the love of his life in one piece.  Visible and speechless shock was also printed on Taehyung's face as he exchanged glances with Jungkook.

The second Jungkook processed all of this, he felt a great relief wash over him, squeezing Taehyung ever so tightly in his arms as if he would disappear into thin air.  Sounds stuttered out his lips but he could barely form a word.  Tears poured from his eyes, but happy ones this time.  Jungkook felt the older's hands caressing his back, soothing him.  And his ever so honey sweet voice whispered.  "Shh... it's okay, baby."

Jungkook could've sworn he cried like a baby, letting out a muffled wail in Taehyung's chest.  The older tightened their embrace, comforting the younger, though a tear fell from his eyes as well.  They were fucking alive...  Taehyung's plan had worked.

Abruptly, Taehyung's body jolted in realization, causing the younger to glance at him with his swollen red eyes.

Taehyung shot his eyes at the timer.  "It's not over yet."

The younger's chest ached, feeling nauseous.  "What do you mean...?"

"We just beaten the boss level, right?"

"Y...yeah."

"You still have to get to Yeontan in order to finish the game." Taehyung pointed at the timer. "Each level u pass, you earn a minute of time.  So we still got a minute before the bomb-"

"SHIT!" Jungkook cursed, not wasting a single time as he dashed to the computer.  After beating the boss, it was clear to the younger the obstacle wasn't going to be hard.  But the fact that the timer was still going freaked the hell out of the boy.  Their lives were still in danger.  Jungkook let out a quivering sigh, questioning to himself when the nightmare would be over. Though, he knew they couldn't give up. Not when they're almost at the end.

Intense keyboard clicking sounds were made as Jungkook hurriedly controlled the avatar, V, into the boss alien's lair.  Surely Yeontan kept is somewhere there.  Digital barking noises sounded, causing Jungkook's heart to beat in excitement.  Finally, at the last second, the boy approached to the puppy and ending the game.  A satisfying sound came from the timer and tears of joy came out of Jungkook's eyes as he watched the game come to a final credit scene.

"Jungkook, watch out!" Taehyung suddenly yelled.

BANG.