La finit

That unlucky day again. The first of September. It had been seven long years to this incident.

The day when Shruti died.

Earlier this day I used to spend alone in my house but today I don't know why I am in a desperate need of a company. Today suddenly brought so many old memories and so many old regrets back.

I was in this vulnerable state eight years ago and I am still the same today. Nothing changed absolutely nothing!

After my engagement with Tanisha was fixed, my performance started to fall. And here I am...dropped for the South Africa tour.

I rubbed my palms against each other trying to ease the nervousness in me. I decided to spend this night with Tanisha. I don't know it is right or not but she was the one who was understanding me nowadays. Without actually knowing my mental situation though.

I and Shreya did not talk for more than two weeks. I just realized that I could still survive without actually talking to her or seeing her but to be honest I did not want it.

There were many couples who still kept in touch with each other even after break up but the things had become so complicated that we could not talk to each other calmly. We would end up fighting which I hated like anything.

I looked at my phone waiting for Tanisha to call me. She said she would be here by eight and it was already eight thirty.

I sighed and turned on the television channel when I saw the news. As if on cue I got a call from Tanisha. I took it

"Kl...I am so sorry...I am in an emergency" she was panting as if in a loss of breath. Yeah, the news was showing that her hospital had caught fire. And it obviously wanted it's workers to be there.

"Just be careful okay?"  I said. My voice suddenly filled with worry. "Oh..okay" Tanisha replied suddenly astonished with the kind of behaviour. Even I was shocked as why I said this.

We hanged the call and I switched off the television. I went to my room but then and I got an idea. I looked at my phone.

Keeping my ego aside I dialled her number.

"Hey Kl" she said. I could hear the lack of interest in her voice. "I was free tonight, can you come over?" I asked direct to the point.

"Wow, suddenly? Anyways okay..I'll be there" she said. I smiled a little and we hanged the call.

Thank God...one conversation that we had without quarrelling ,though it was only of two minutes.

After half and hour she was at my doorstep pretty punctual. I called her in. She slumped her car keys on the centre table and took a pen from there. She then tied her hair in a messy bun and used the pen to keep it in place.