Its A Long Journey

Rahul's POV

I came back with Aarush. I saw Bhavna di there sitting on the sofa. She had suitcases around her.

Let me guess...this mini atom bomb is going to stay with me for a while. Still I did not express my feelings on my face I let her speak first.

"Hi di" I greeted. She looked at me and smiled.

"What did Tanisha say?" She asked me directly. Not even a 'Hi' . Not that I minded it. I had become feeling less . Do whatever you want. I don't care .

"She told him to have a control over sweets" I replied ruffling his hair which he enjoyed.

"Okay...and what did this mini monkey say?" She asked pulling Aarush to her and making him sit on her lap.

"Mamu...get me an ice cream" I replied making those coatation marks with my fingers.

Her eyes widened and she looked at Aarush.

"Aarush!" Aarush laughed. I smiled as well.

"You wanted something di?" I asked. She looked at me. Her face showed a sudden sign of realization.

"Yeah...Kl...I need to go to Dubai for a urgent work...can you take care of Aarush for a month?" She asked. A month?! Are you mad? What about my training.

"A month?!" I asked. She nodded. I sighed.

"Itna Kya kaam Hain?" (How much work do you have?) I asked.

"Mujhe pata Hain mera pyaara bhai samhal lega...aur agar problem hogi toh Tanisha aajaya karegi" (I know my lovely brother will take care of everything and if you will have problem then Tanisha would come here often) she kissed my cheek and then kissed Aarush's cheek and left. She did not let me speak and just left. I don't know why but after Shruti's death everything seemed so distant. The way we both siblings were...it's quite shocking that we hardly talk now.

Life has been like this the past five years. Bhavna di married but her husband stays abroad so she and Aarush stay here in Bangalore in my and Shruti's dream house. Everything in the house is same except that...there in no Shruti.

"Mamu!" Aarush called me. I looked at him.

"Bhuk lagi hain"( I am hungry) he said.