The New Year

1.5 years later

31st December

5:30 pm ( GMT)

London, United Kingdom.

Shreya's POV

"Phew!" I sighed as I dropped my suitcase on the ground and slumped on the bed with a loud and tired sigh. My shoulders were aching as I had carried such a heavy load.

Thank God we arrived at our hotel....I was feeling so sleepy. The journey from Paris to London was too tiring. I looked at the girl in front of me.

"What are you doing Elisa?" I asked. She was checking her phone and looked at me for a brief second before turning back.

"Nothing" she said with her thick French accent.

Elisa Martinez was my roommate and best friend in Paris. We had come to London for the New Year's Eve. She was a fun girl to talk. I loved her company a lot! .

"Whom are you texting?" I asked. She showed me her phone. It was her mom.  I remembered that I had to wish my friends too.

We had come to London for a vacation.  Elisa was a bar waitress. She had it as a part time job. She earned money from there and planned a trip to London and also she invited me because I was her best friend. Till now I guess.

"So where are we going to spend our New Year?" I asked her. She nodded but did not answer. She was still busy texting her mom. I sighed. This happened to her sometimes.

She was too much  under the supervision of her parents. How did she end up being a bar waitress even I don't know.

"Just a sec Shreya...I am really sorry" she apologized. I rolled my eyes. She and her formalities. After some long time texting she threw her phone on the nightstand and slumped on the bed like I did a few minutes ago.

"London...is peace..no Mom, no dad, and no rules" she said and gave a happy sigh. I giggled.

"So let's come back to the question...where are we going?" I asked her. She furrowed her brows.

"We have a five day vacation...we can go wherever we want. But tonight we will be going to the pub and party hard!" As she finished she had a huge smile on her way. As per my Indian customs I never had been to a pub partying hard and that also late at night.

I objected the proposal.

"No way...I was talking about somewhere sober"

She looked at me like I had become insane.

"You haven't experienced a late night pub party?" She asked. My cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"No.." the words came out faint and quite. She got up from the bed with a jolt and looked at me with her hands on her hips and a grin plastered on her face.

"Let's experience then!" She said and again slumped on the bed beside me.

I was still against the plan. I wasn't going to spend late night at a pub when I had just come to this city.

"Will it be safe...I mean you know we just arrived here!" I reasoned. She rolled her eyes.

"No excuses...when you don't know what to do..you always follow Lisa" she pointed both her index fingers to herself. I sighed. She was really not leaving me this time.

"Fine..." I said defeated.

"Take some rest we will leave at nine thirty sharp" she answered and went to the washroom to get fresh. We had nearly four hours in hand which were more than enough for me to get dressed and all stuff.