The New Beginning

Five years later....

Rahul's POV

A new day...and a new beginning. The same routine get up, get dressed ,go for training...and more....not that I am tired of it...after all it's my set routine.

I don't know how these five years have passed but now I have understood what my actual priorities are. Cricket...

Being the vice captain of the team that is my responsibility. To think only about cricket and contribute to our team's victory.

Recently I am staying in Bangalore and  training here too. No tournaments in line nothing so its better to stay in our home ground..

The training was almost over and I was going to go home when my phone rang.

I took the call. It was my sister. "Hello di"
I greeted.

"Kl...can you just pick Aarush up from the hospital?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "Not again...di" I said. It's been the third time Aarush was in the hospital Never mind. "Fine" I replied.

She did not say a word after that just hanged the call. Wow...now I had become the gurdian.

I went to change from my training clothes and then took my car keys.

Exactly within ten minutes I reached the hospital and parked outside it. I needed to avoid cameras. I headed straight to the lift. The lift was almost going to close but it opened.

I looked at the person who helped me. She seemed to be a doctor but I had never seen her in this hospital before.

I got inside without a word. I checked the time. It was almost three in the afternoon. I reached my floor and exited.

I was going to pick up Aarush when I was stopped by a voice. "I can expect a thank you from you sir!"

Yeah right! I had forgotten to thank her. I turned back to look at her but the elevator door closed in front of my face. All I could see were two eyes and trust me...they were enough..I never saw such beautiful... except Shruti's ...uh Kl! Don't go to the past! Concentrate on Aarush.

I reached the cabin outside which it was written. 'Dr Tanisha Dutta ( Dentistry) ' .

I smiled out of satisfaction and without any hesitation I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" She said. I opened the door and popped my face inside the room.

"Aarush!" I called out to him. Not only the doctor but also the little boy seated on the high chair looked at me. I flashed a smile.

"Mamu!" (Uncle!) He got down from the high chair stumbling and falling almost. I chuckled.

"Careful champ!" Careful? He wasn't even near to that . He jumped on me without any warning. I was almost going to fall but my athlete skills saved me.

"Mamu....kaise ho aap?" ( Uncle ....how are you?) He talked in his baby way. I pulled his cheeks. He was just four and was still weak in pronunciations.

"Mamu...bohot achhe Hain...aap kaise Hain?" ( Uncle is very good..how are you?)

I ruffled his hair and he seems to enjoy it. He giggled.

"Not good Mr Mamu...you are treating him high on chocolates!" Tanisha, the doctor said. She was very close to our family. She was Bhavna Di's junior in school.