11

Tae woke up to Jungkook softly shaking him. He opened his eyes slowly and sat up, wincing at the pounding headache he had.
"Hey, we need to get up and get ready for work." Jungkook said to him. Tae groaned and nodded, before getting up to go and get a glass of water. Jungkook fetched him some tablets for his headache, and then gave them to him once they'd both sat down to eat some toast.

"Thankyou, I needed these." Tae said, swallowing the tablets almost immediately.
"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asked with a slight smirk on his face.
"I don't know. Oh my god I must have been so drunk." Tae mumbled, putting his head in his hands. Jungkook giggled slightly.

"Last night was certainly interesting." Jungkook laughed, and Tae rolled his eyes.
"I was embarrassing, wasn't I." Tae said, receiving a small nod from Jungkook.
"I'll never let you drink that much again." He laughed, and Tae smiled.
"Well thanks for looking after me when I was drunk, I don't know how you put up with me." He chuckled, and Jungkook shrugged.
"It's all good."

Taehyung suddenly realised something.
"Was I that drunk that I had to stay at yours?" He asked, a little confused. Jungkook sighed and decided to tell Tae the truth.
"Well I certainly wouldn't have wanted to leave you alone in that state. But there was something else I was slightly worried about." He muttered with a mouthful of toast.
"And what's that?" Tae asked, still embarrassed.
"When I went to drop you off at your house your door was left wide open. I thought that looked sketchy so I brought you back to mine."

Tae's eyes widened when he said this, and he looked a little nervous.
"Thankyou Kook. But this is getting kind of serious now, what should I do?" Tae said, worrying a little and scratching the back of his head. Jungkook finished his toast and gave Tae a reassuring smile.
"I called some of the guys on the night shift to check it out. They did a search and said there was no one there, and they've added a security system to your house. If someone enters without using the code, we'll know." He said, making Taehyung smile.

"Ah thankyou so much, that really puts my mind at ease." Taehyung said.
"It's not a problem. I've connected it to your number too, so whenever someone sets foot on your porch, you'll get a notification. It then connects to a security camera, so you can see who it is." He said, showing Tae an app he downloaded, which Tae then downloaded onto his phone.
"Awesome, I'll keep an eye on that. Let's get ready for work now, I don't want to be late." Taehyung said, patting Jungkook's shoulder as he walked past.

They went and freshened up before getting into their uniforms. The firefighters always wore their company T-shirt and some trousers which they could then put their suits over the top of if there was an emergency. Because the T-shirt was quite thin and tight, Tae's muscles appeared through it as it hugged his chest comfortably.

They both came out of their rooms to put on their shoes.
"Woah, you look so professional in your uniform." Tae chuckled as Jungkook came out with his police gear on. Jungkook smirked and walked towards Tae.
"I should hope so, because I am a professional." He replied snarkily, and Tae hummed and rolled his eyes.

Jungkook had offered to take Tae to work, which was good because it was too far to walk and he didn't want to get the bus. When they got into the car and Jungkook started driving, Taehyung looked over and immediately became so thankful for the man that sat beside him.

"Jungkook, seriously, thankyou for everything. It's crazy that I haven't seen you in so long, yet you're still one of the best people I know." Tae said suddenly, and Jungkook blushed a little and smiled.
"You too Tae. I still feel like I can talk to you about anything, and I'm glad that we met again." He replied softly, earning a grin from the older.

The rest of the drive was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Tae smiled slightly to himself as they approached his work.
"Thanks for the lift. Maybe I'll invite you round next time." Tae said, climbing out of the car.
"Yeah, text me when you want to do something." Jungkook replied, and Tae waved him off before going into work.

The day was a busy one for Taehyung. There were two emergencies, and they had to call on another squad to tackle one of them as they overlapped. The other squad from a nearby station was sent to a chemical spillage at a factory, whereas Taehyung's squad was sent to a major search and rescue in a burning apartment building.

The alarm had sounded, and they rushed to get their suits on.
"They just keep on coming don't they. This week has been busy." Tae mumbled to Jimin and he stuffed his feet into his boots.
"Yeah I know, it's shocking. Come on." Jimin said, and they ran down and into the fire truck.

Apparently there were five people missing and supposedly trapped inside the burning building, and half of their squad focused on tackling the fire while the other half focused on rescuing the victims. A firefighter helicopter had been summoned from a nearby city and it was helping with putting the large fire out.

After an hour, Tae, Jimin and Kai had successfully located and evacuated the five people who were still inside the building. Some of the victims had suffered from third degree burns, yet they were taken to hospital almost immediately after they had emerged out of the building. They had all been trapped on one of the top floors, and it was lucky they hadn't gone into the lift, which had malfunctioned and collapsed. By the end of it, the fire was under control and they were all exhausted.

"Is that all of them?" Jimin panted as he rushed out with the last person.
"I think so, good job guys. We have cut off the area so everyone will be safe if the building collapses before demolishment." Mr Min said, helping Kyungsoo and Sungmin with the hose.

Once the fire was out and all of the casualties were sent to hospital, they quickly made their way back to the station.
"What is it with big fires this week?" Sungmin sighed as he sat down in the common room.
"I don't know, maybe it's the heat?" Kyungsoo reasoned.

"Well we've successfully managed all of them, so well done everyone. But don't put your guard down yet, you never know what could happen." Mr Min said seriously, handing some water to each of them. Their shift was almost over, and the night shift people came a little early, so Tae decided to walk home.

A/N:
Ah this was a kind of long and boring chapter, I apologise haha. I guess it's kind of a filler, but the chapters will get more interesting I promise!