Pocket Thief (2/2) [Charlotte Katakuri]

(A/N: I ended up liking this one so much i wanted to add a continuation (and possibly another), guess this series is no longer a one shot collection huh? xD Anyway i'll most likely upload the whole story to ao3 or something, for now here ya go)

----------

2 years have passed since you first met.

In those two years you and your pirate crew have made a name for themselves in the new world, most infamously known to steal goods from any passing ship, including marine ships that contained treasures and goods for the tenyubito. Of course, this didn't suit the marines in the slightest, placing a bounty of 700,000,000 beli on your head.

Despite being partly inhabited, the current island was now a battlefield as you exchanged blows with katakuri. Your portals swallowing the remains of broken houses and buildings only to spit them right back at the mochi man with force. He responded by effortlessly slicing the wood and stone debris with his trident mogura, the tip of the weapon barely grazing you as you jumped back into your portal, trying to gain some distance from the man.

Five smaller portals appeared by your side, the firearms within them taking aim towards Katakuri who ran towards you. "Hellfire!" you shouted. The mix of guns and cannon balls firing straight for the mochi man.

Using his observation haki, Katakuri predicted for 3 seconds the path of each bullet and cannon ball, successfully dodging each one. You tisked your tongue in slight annoyance, ever since he learned observation it just made it all the more difficult for you to keep using fire arms to slow him down- however every time he improved you improved as well. You learn to change your tactics mid battle, you grew stronger, with your 6 portal limit expanding to 10, along with learning observation (to an extent) and armament haki as well. You were still physically weaker than Katakuri but atleast you were able to survive his attacks if they ever land on you.

You received a blow into the chest from kata's mochi fist, sending you flying away a good 4 meters before landing on your feet. If it wasn't because you protected that part of your body with armament it would've been a fatal blow.

"Not holding back, I see" you pant while in a crouching pose, holding a hand towards your aching chest.

Katakuri didn't respond like always. He was a man of few words where you did all the talking and teasing to keep the fights more interesting. Consider it like the cherry on top.

"It's cool, at least it means you're taking me seriously. Honestly, I'm rather touched jellybean" you winked at the nick name you gave him, mentally face palming yourself at the realization that he couldn't see your wink from under your mask.

"We've fought each other 2 years and you still won't keep your mouth shut" he replied in a cold voice.

You were unfazed by his cold voice "You could always try to shut me up, maybe keep my mouth busy instead~?" you unconsciously flirted, mostly for your own amusement and to annoy him further on.

"I'll be sure to tie rope around your mouth once I capture you" mochi surrounded and hardened around his fists, obtaining a dark tone as a sign he reinforced himself with haki.

"Oooh kinky-" Taking it as challenge to confront him in close combat, reinforcing your legs as well. "I like it" you licked your lips.

"Hellfire!" You summoned portals with guns around you two, firing bullets in various directions as you exchanged blows, blocking his punches with your kicks while being caught in your own crossfire. The constant bullets worked well enough as a distraction, you didn't give katakuri any time to predict the stone debris falling from the sky, forcing him to back off while a storm of bullets randomly bounced off each other and lunged directly to the side of his torso. Causing him to grasp his side with a grunt. Bullets were probably ineffective, but as long as you kept firing from all directions it distracted him enough so he couldn't use his observment to the fullest.