Chapter 2

THE METALLIC RINGS DISENGAGE from my wrists and a hand grips my arm roughly

THE METALLIC RINGS DISENGAGE from my wrists and a hand grips my arm roughly. Despite the thick blindfold that disables my sight, I know sure enough that I am in transit

"Take her in." A brutally husky voice says. "She's quite troublesome, so if the need arises, handcuff her tightly."

At this point, I desperately wish to create an alarm but my voice has already been strained from all the screaming I did earlier to do so.

What the hell is going on?

I make a sigh of relief when I feel fingers intertwine with mine smoothly. That's honestly the nicest I've been treated all-day, considering how I was earlier shoved into a sack and blindfolded like an animal.

"Yes sir," A high-pitched voice responds, so I presume that I am now in the hands of a female. It's torturing being oblivious of what is happening around me.

A breeze of cold air sweeps through my face and I, for a minute, inhale the atmosphere around me. The scent of the surrounding is way better than the musty smell of the sack I was held captive in.

The thick fabric that strained my sight slowly loses its grip and I'm relinquished of my sight. I look around the place and I'm taken off guard.

The surrounding is exceptionally peculiar.

Drones parade around endlessly and the ceiling is laden with swarms of chandeliers that Illuminate the room with a dazzling red light which triggers fear in me for some reason. Props of skeletons and knives are etched on the red walls and on them lays the phrase 'Welcome to the Hades' Infernal Service. We torture for power. I gulp down fear instantly.

What does Hades' Infernal Services even mean and why the hell am I here?

I turn to spot the presence of a girl who I'm oblivious, has been standing there all the while I tried to regain my composure. She's petite, brown-eyed and caramel-skinned. Her cheekbones are predominately outstanding and the physique she possesses demands authority.

She marches up to me and handcuffs me. "Valerie right?" She asks me grimly whilst tightening the cuff, to the point that it anguishes my wrist.

I nod a yes whilst my teeth clamp as a result of the fear parading in my body.

"Welcome to the H.I.S organization." She says nonchalantly.

Welcome? What's so welcoming about this place? I'm handcuffed.

She grabs my hand swiftly whilst leading me up to the neighboring stairway. Bright Lanterns are placed on each stair in a rhythmic manner that demands attention. The stairs are especially elevated and the atmosphere surrounding the place pronounces red.

What is it with this place and the color red anyway?

Skullheads which I earlier thought were for adornments begin to laugh hysterically as I climb on each step. I hear muffled sounds of panic and alarming wails of people and an icy shiver runs through my spine. Why do I get a bad feeling about what's to come?