As if she could read my mind, she started moving away towards the bathroom door, but I caught her elbow in a reflex, halting her movement. Her gaze remained frozen on my hand that held her immobile and I reached out to lift her head and make her look at me again. Her eyes resembled those of a frightened animal that was trapped in a cage where it could not escape the approaching danger. It won't help you, baby girl. Now you're mine whether you like it or not.

"You have five minutes," I said in a cold demanding tone, letting go of her elbow.

I watched as she practically ran to the bathroom and I couldn't contain a mocking smirk that twisted my lips. The little gold digger could run as much as she liked, but there was no place where she could hide.

Looking around the room, my eyes fell on the piano that was standing in the corner. I had lost count of how many nights I'd spent playing Beethoven's Symphony No 7 in these past three weeks. Apart from working, it was the only thing that helped me cope with the reality of being forced to marry a stranger and it offered the temporary feeling of relief, cleansing some of my negative energy. The fresh image of long golden locks sprang to my mind and I found myself thinking that tonight, there was a different source of comfort at the reach of my hand...

Suddenly, it was getting hot and I took off my jacket and loosened my tie before walking over to the mini bar and taking out a bottle of whiskey. I ignored the champagne that had been prepared for us by the staff because I wasn't in the mood for romance and I certainly didn't want her to get the wrong message. What I needed was a drink and a good hard fuck with no feelings involved. Father had a good point that I had failed to understand until up until this moment. I had already bitten the bullet and married her so why not make the most of my situation. Her mother had insinuated her daughter was more than experienced when it came to pleasing men and I definitely needed to get some steam out of my system.

Finding two glasses, I took a seat at the nearby baroque table and waited for my bride to join me. Though she was gone for far longer than five minutes, I didn't feel tempted to go after her. Instead, I filled my glass with whiskey and drank with gusto, allowing myself to sink into a drunken stupor as I waited for the blonde temptress to reappear in the room.

Few more minutes passed before the bathroom door opened and she made a step inside the room and then remained lingering at the door, observing the scene she encountered. The space started filling with suffocating tension as my eyes lingered on her face and then slowly fell to her naked shoulders and the exposed swell of her breast. Some kind of a silent awareness started building between us and she shrank away like she was bothered by my attention. I could tell I was already pretty close to being drunk and a small part of me understood her hesitant demeanor. Given the uncontrollable fury I had let her witness on more than one occasion, she must have feared I would beat her or do some perverted shit, but the only thing I intended was to have her sprawled on that bed, naked and ready to demonstrate all of her conniving hidden tricks. I had even regained enough patience not to pounce on her immediately. It was much more entertaining to take it slowly and to show her I was the one in charge now that we were married.

"Come here," I said calmly, but when she failed to comply, I raised my voice, making it clear that if she made me come and get her, she would regret it. "Come."

Realizing she had no choice, she took slow measured steps towards the table and sat across from me. I handed her an empty glass and then filled it with a generous amount of whiskey.

"It's time we celebrate properly, don't you think? Congratulations, Mrs. Everett," I said with a healthy dose of sarcasm and raised my glass.

Staring at me with those wide brown eyes, she raised her glass as well, but instantly put it down. When I arched my eyebrows, she said quietly, "I... I don't drink alcohol."