Chapter 93: Sakura's Chance

Start from the beginning

Something  wrapped around Sakura's right arm, and she glanced down. Kidomaru's  thread was wrapped around it, and as she followed it back, Jirobo was  wielding the spider silk cord like a whip. He began pulling her in,  exhibiting greater strength than he had before. The six-armed shinobi  created another clinging whip for himself, and wrapped this one around  the Leaf kunoichi's neck. At the same time a thick, cold fog started to  form around her.

"Release," Sakura shouted, but nothing changed.  She shivered as the water vapor began to freeze to her skin. She tried  to escape, but due to their positioning could not. She tried to pull the  weaker Kidomaru in, but he dug in with spikes in his other four arms,  giving him a stronger base.

"What you heard wasn't the game plan Tayuya called out," Kidomaru mocked her, "Part of the advantage of multiplayer."

The  medic tried to grab the rope, to snap it, but Jirobo limited the  movement of her right arm and Kidomaru cracked the whip, keeping her  from catching the cord. The pink-haired woman felt her eyes closing in  spite of herself, due to the cold and her partially constricted airway.

"Sakura!" she heard Hinata shout, followed by two loud pops.

"Help  Sakura," Hinata ordered, before dodging back away from the barrier.  Sakura tried to look back, but could not. Then there was a deep yelp  from the fat man, and his lasso went slack. With her arm free, she was  able to latch onto the other silk cord and snap it. She darted back out  of Tayuya's Freezing Song, having vaguely figured out that the ninjutsu  had a limited, unmoving area, which was why the other two had held her  in place. Recovering from the cold, she glanced over, and saw the  familiar forms of Sol and Luné scampering over to her, and wide cuts in  Jirobo's legs closing.

"Thank you," Sakura panted slightly, as the  Sound Four regrouped. Unheard, the Jonin's Inner voice berated herself,  'I need to get Tsunade or Kakashi to teach me to summon something!'

"Of  course, Miss Sakura," Sol nodded her head, her right eye still  regarding the renegades. Jirobo and Kidomaru watched them carefully, but  the foul-mouthed female just grinned and shook her head.

"That  third-rate wallflower must be a complete moron," she mocked, "She should  be worrying about herself, and instead she wastes time and chakra to  summon a bunch of stupid, oversized rats in here..."

Luné's blue  eyes widened, and he took a step away from his sister. As the albino  squirrel's fur began to stand on end, Sakura followed his example. The  younger squirrel turned towards the heckler, and her red eyes seemed to  glow from within.

"WhAt dId yOU sAy?" Sol howled in a monstrous  voice, but threw herself at Tayuya before the Human could respond. The  Sound ninja's hazel eyes widened in surprise, and she barely brought her  flute up in time to block the rodent's fierce swing with her  shortsword. Even though the instrument was made of weapons grade steel  and chakra hardened, Sol's blade still put a nick in it. The squirrel  drew a second blade from her sash, and dropped down lower, skipping past  Tayuya and screaming triumphantly as she scored deep cuts in the  woman's stomach. The undead kunoichi healed quickly and did not feel  pain, but instinctively grimaced from the attack.

"I always told  her, her mouth would get her in trouble," Kidomaru said dumbly, to  shocked by what was happening to react further. Both revived renegades  just watched in amazement as Sol darted back and forth past Tayuya,  landing repeated cuts on the Human. Jirobo nodded slowly.

"What just happened?" Sakura asked Luné cautiously, wondering if she had underestimated Hinata's summoning contract.

"My  sister has two berserker buttons," the black furred rodent answered,  "Insulting Hinata, and insulting the ninja squirrel clan. That person  just managed to hit both buttons in one sentence."