Why

Mason was left almost breathless as he left the Cullen home. It hurt him so much to walk away from the home but he knew he had to. Why hadn't Carlisle said anything, couldn't he feel the bond as well. Whatever the reason, Mason was hurt, hurt so much and he didn't even know why. It was in that moment that Mason's thoughts took a turn for the worse. What if Carlisle didn't want him. Mason stopped in his tracks at this thought. It was one of Mason's biggest insecurities.  One that would always haunt him. 

         When Mason had reached the border line he felt a presence behind him. His stance stiffened and his hackles raised. He silently took in a whiff of air to determine who or what it was. The smell was coming from Carlisle so he turned around. He cocked his head almost similar to a confused puppy. Carlisle stood there silently gauging Mason's reaction to him. The forest was completely silent when Carlisle spoke. When he spoke he seemed almost hesitant, as if trying to find the right words. "You are my mate, but you are a wolf." It wasn't a question but Mason answered it like one any way. "I am many things Carlisle. It isn't unheard of for a wolf to imprint or a vampire to find their mates in each other." Mason voice was deep, and it took him a while to find the words to say. "But I thought imprints were supposed to be the best bearers of children?" Carlisle's question caused Mason to let out a wolfish laugh. "Imprints are anything they want to be, whether it's a protector, brother, or lover. It is narrow minded thinking to think that an imprint is strictly a lover." Carlisle let out a subtle chuckle at this. "If that is the case then what am I to you?" Mason seemed to think for a few minutes, trying to come up with a sentence that didn't sound utterly dominant of selfish in anyway. "You are whatever you want to be to me, whether that is in the form of a friend, or a lover I will be what you want me to be." 

         After Mason said this Carlisle was left with a decision he never wanted to face. He could try to work out a relationship that he thought was doomed from the start. A relationship he'd only ever dreamed of having and had only longed and hoped for. Especially as of late, don't get him wrong he loved his family and everything, but seeing all his children find their mates and form unbreakable and boundless love from something as simple as a look. He'd never liked males before, had never thought of it before now. The only relationship he'd had were the women he's hooked up with over the times. Right now Carlisle was not proud of those times, but knew he could never take them back. Carlisle was pulled from his rambling thoughts when Mason spoke up. "I would never ask you to decide Carlisle, so if you want i can just come over on Saturdays so we can hang out, to get to know each other. This bond it, it physically hurts to be away from you. To be so near you and unable to touch you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I put you in this position Carlisle. I wish I could reverse it, but I can't." As Mason spoke up Carlisle was utterly speechless. How could a boy this young but so selfless and kind when, the world had been nothing but cruel in return. Yes Carlisle had heard the tales of of the Grimoire family. He knew of Mason's other half and knew the boy to be more powerful than any other creature known to the magical world.  

       Mason was left with silence as Carlisle processed the information. Carlisle could almost feel the anxiety pouring out of the boy and decided to show Mason in a way that he would be okay with this, whatever this may be. He stepped up closer to the shirtless boy and placed his hand on Mason's cheek. Mason nuzzled his face into Carlisle's hand. "We will figure this out step by step. I just need some time to process all of this. We need to take this slow. Start off small." Mason nodded not willing to push Carlisle any further. He would give the man time, even if it hurt him in the process, because this man, had unknowingly, changed Mason's entire world, and given him a reason to feel again. Feel something other than pain, and grief.