Cullen's arrival

By this time the Quilette pack consisted of four members ranking like this, Mason Black Grimoire the alpha, Sam Uley second in command, Jared Cameron, third in command, and finally Paul Lahote, also third in command. Mason interacted with all of them, but only ever truly let his guard down with Sam, but even then he never lets himself get mad and always stood at least an forearms length away from everyone, only touching someone if absolutely necessary. The pack members know to wear a shirt around Mason, especially Sam, because Mason has never truly forgiven himself for what he did that day, and their relationship had become somewhat strained. Its not like Sam meant to but ever since Mason lashed out its like he can't fully let loose around him, or joke with him anymore, and Mason knew it, he saw it. That only caused his self degrading and self esteem to get worse. The other members could see this but never said anything, fearing of what their Alpha might think if they pointed it out. 

         The entire town of Forks thought of Mason as weird or a drug addict. They were always scared of him, mainly because of his physique and career choice. Or maybe is was the nick named "Steroid Crew" he hung out with. Then Mason had the few who sent him pitying looks, because they knew his parents and that he was an orphan. They also knew he freaked out if someone touched him, or if someone got to close. They knew he didn't like the sight or smell of cinnamon. They knew he didn't like strong scents as well. The paramedics that brought the bodies to his morgue never looked him in the eye, and only spoke in skittish sentences and got in and out as fast as they could. Sam was the only one besides Billy Black, his uncle, that ever talked to him freely and joke around without giving him pitying looks. But now Sam didn't joke but still liked talking to him. The only visits he looked forward to were Billy's, who occasionally came to check up on him, visiting him on holidays, and actually treating him like family. 

         When news spread around town that a new doctor was in town he brushed the information off, figuring it was just a simple thing. That was until Sam informed him a day later that it was the cold ones who had returned. He knew he would have to speak to them sooner of later so after he finished up on the latest body and clocked out, he prepared himself for the trip into their territory. He threw on a thin jacket over his black AC/DC shirt and prepared to "Manifest" there. You see one of the Grim's abilities was to use any shadow in the room and shadow travel to a shadow around the area they wanted to arrive in.  But this ability if not practiced is extremely draining and dangerous. It was one of the things Mason hated learning as a child, now he thanked his aunt, Salene, for teaching it to him. 

        As he began to travel he tried to recall the leaders name. Carlisle, he believed Billy had called him. It was Mason's first time meeting the Coven but he had heard so much about them that it felt like he already knew them. Billy had told the entire tribe of the stories but usually he left out details. But with Alex, he drilled the entire history of the clans and all the know information about every supernatural they had encountered, every detail, whether it was significant or not, nothing was spared. He always wrote down whatever learned in a journal, in case someone like him was to come along the tribes path.

      When he finally got to the Cullen's home the once almost fading sun had turned dark. casting over the glow of the moon and stars, illuminating the forest, making it look like some kind of long lost elven forest. It was a breathtaking sight and Mason made a mental note to sketch this when he got home, it was simply to beautiful not to. Mason began walking up the gravel path, totally aware that the cold ones in the house could hear him. Mason reached the entryway and reached his hand out to knock but was surprised when a petite pixie like girl opened the door for him. Her nose was scrunched up a little at Mason's scent, which consisted of a waterfall, the woods, and Aloe Vera. She cocked her head a little at the sound of his heart beat, it was way too slow to be human, but not fast enough to be a shifter.