Chapter 43

O P H E L I A ' S  P O V

My knee bounced under the table of the restaurant that I suggested that Trinity and I meet at.

Her original idea was to meet at her home but I wasn't too keen about that idea. I wasn't a fool and thought that it would be best for us to meet up in a public area, an area where anyone would see if anything started to look fishy.

I didn't tell Levi where I was going. In fact, he didn't even know that I left this morning. I told Trinity that it'd be best if we met for breakfast instead of lunch. I didn't tell her the reason, but that way, I'd be able to sneak away and leave the house before Levi woke up. Some people would think that I made a stupid choice coming here, especially without telling Levi and by myself, but I don't think it's ridiculous.

I left Levi at home sprawled out on the bed, his mouth opened wide as little snores left him. His mother was also sleeping soundly in her large bedroom.

Those thoughts weren't enough, however, I heard the sound of a bell which caused me to snap out of my slight trance. I turned my head toward the direction of the door to see a lady walking in with soft blonde hair.

Her chocolate coloured irises scanned the diner slowly and I could've sworn that she looked strangely familiar. I would've instantly guessed that the woman was Trinity if my eyes hadn't zoomed in on the large baby bump right below her breast.

However, my eyes widened and my suspicions were confirmed when her eyes landed on mine, causing a small smile to spread over her face when she gazed at me.

She trotted over to me but there was a bit of a waddle in her step since she was pregnant. Her hand was positioned over the large bump as if she was protecting the growing child within her from any outside danger.

Her eyes shined dimly as she slowly pulled out the chair in front of me and slid down in her seat with a deep sigh, making sure to keep her distance from the table when she went down so she wouldn't hurt herself.

My lips were slightly parted as she looked at me. "Hey, Ophelia," She said nervously, running a hand through her hair. I nodded slowly and reluctantly in return to let her know that I acknowledged her.

She looked slightly different from the last time I saw her now that I thought about it. It had appeared as if she had cut her long hair and although pregnant, her body form seemed to have gotten smaller due to the barely visible lining of her bones that seemed to sink through the skin of her arms and neck.

I cleared my throat after I realised I was staring at her too long, "I-I hope you don't mind that I ordered some coffee for us already..." I trailed off and then paused. "I-I didn't know," I stuttered as my eyes averted to her bump before I focused back on her.

A sad smile seemed to appear on her face before she looked down adoringly at her stomach, rubbing it in small circles. "It's okay. I can drink caffeine, just not too much." She reassured me as her eyes looked directly into mine.

I bit my bottom lip nervously and unconsciously stared back into her large eyes for a while until she looked away, her cheeks tinted red probably from the gaze that we held for the short moment. "I'm sure you have a number of questions for me," She stated after she looked back at me, a nervous expression displayed on her facial features.

I let my mind wander for a few. That was where she was wrong. I only had one question, and that was why she wanted to speak to me. I was quite surprised to see that she was pregnant, however, I didn't think it was any of my business.

"Why'd you want to talk to me?" I questioned immediately, letting my thoughts come to the surface. My classes would commence in a couple of hours and I still hadn't gotten a full night's sleep. Right now, I just wanted to go home and cuddle back up in bed with my man.